New $3-5 BOB Snacks on flighs over 1 hour starts tommorw June 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
Well their's nothing about this on the hub. Nothing on usairways.com. And nothing that I can find on this site. But according to this weeks AboutUS starting Monday June 1st flight over 1 hour will have a variety of new BOB snack items, most are $3, it shows one $4 and one $5 item.

With all the great posts on here from so many flight attendants I am surprised this has not been mentioned? Anyone from the flight attendant group on here have more info, just curious?

Seems like they could have just gone with the $3 items only for simplisity.

Regards

LGA777

Well their's nothing about this on the hub. Nothing on usairways.com. And nothing that I can find on this site. But according to this weeks AboutUS starting Monday June 1st flight over 1 hour will have a variety of new BOB snack items, most are $3, it shows one $4 and one $5 item.

With all the great posts on here from so many flight attendants I am surprised this has not been mentioned? Anyone from the flight attendant group on here have more info, just curious?

Seems like they could have just gone with the $3 items only for simplisity.

Regards

LGA777
As a f/a we have not received a lot of info on this..
I work on Tuesday... and I am sure we will be briefed in the crew room
Some f/a's are not happy about this... I for one am...
I will mean a pain of work for us to account for it all...
however...
there are people who are hungry and want some pretzels...
they are traveler's who do not travel much and are not used to this new concept that we
don't wine dine and feed you all cuz we are now the trailways bus...
and you don't get pretzels on the trailways bus do you???
Come to think of it... you don't get a coke either..
Or a glass of h20...
So trailways has it right .... so now we have to educate travelers now

the airplane is now a bus...
and its still cheaper than the bus...
so bring your own coke.
bring your own pretzels...
bring your own pillow.... (which btw... is clean... not w/ thousands of others nasty hair..
and body fluids on)
:shock:

There was a person in the B side crew room with samples of the new items and a sheet listing the prices, etc. I checked out the new items but forgot to grab the price sheet before I left. I don't remember all the choices but here are some. Twizzlers, Oreo's, cup of soup, hot oatmeal, almonds. If I recall, the almonds were the most expensive item at 5 bucks. Also, from what I gathered, the service is to be push pull with the beverage cart then a cart with the new snack items and the power nap sacks. I am not sure how it will be handled on a west coast flight when the InFlight Cafe meals are on as well. Anyone know?

There has been plenty of info for the f/a's to prep. Of course the same whiny ones will list a thousands excuses why they haven't gotten any info. The Hub/Wings has info as well. The items will be on a menu in each seat pocket. Something that is no big deal will be all dramatic on USAviation in one post.

I can think of many reasons why this is a very good idea, but it really will do no good to share as some dumb asss will be in the shadows ready to come back with a typical cliche answer. Just do your job and remember how hard you REALLY worked 15-20 yrs ago...not this simple job we now have.

I'm not sure if u read the material flygirl... I'm assuming by west coast flts u mean long hau/BOB? If your referring to west metal.... ALL service,cart pack outs and cart set-up and pretty much all flt/service procedures are the same system wide. Snacks for sell in a nut shell.....

Beverage only flt's: Retrieve from aft galley upon request

BOB flts: 1 drawer of Nap SAcks ontop of meal cart and 1 drawer of snacks depending on time of day on top of meal cart BOB inside meal cart

So snacks will only brought out on top of meal cart on BOB flts, the rest is retrieve upon request

When I said west coast flights I was referring to GOING to the west coast. Since we are all one happy family I would assume that you would do the same thing GOING east. The guy that was showing the new packouts was just setting up his table when I walked by and mentioned that he had all the paperwork on all the stuff but wasn't ready. He did however have the new items opened and ready to be fondled. I had to go so I left BEFORE he had the paperwork out. It was your interpretation that I was NEGLIGENT in grabbing the info. There were other people there and the guy was answering their questions. I wasn't too worried about it since this isn't rocket science and I have the abliltiy to count stuff.

Great just what we need....another outlet for all the FAT flight attendants to eat their way through a 4day in the back of the 737-400. AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA :lol:

PS as for passengers this is great. I don't see the difference between selling a beer or a can of pringles. It will give people something to munch on. Just keep the f/a's out of the container.

In PHL crew rooms they have this pit bull dog poster with teeth showing saying "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT" at the bottom a nice picture of all the products.

Picture it......Usairways flight xxx crusing to nowhere. DING. "Hi can I help you"? Aaaaaah yeah I'd like to purchase a Pringles grab n' go. "Oh I'm sorry we're all out". As the f/a walks away with crumbs on their face and greasy finger marks on the front of their shirt. :lol:

Well....I've had to deal with it today. We didn't have the Menu in the seat pockets. Surprise!!

But we had a very good response from the pax. We sold out........At row 10. :rolleyes:

Ya know Fly....my thought was if the crap is shelf stable why provision a flight with only a few. Cater the damn thing with a nicely stocked cart and let it cruise around a bit. No.... they leave you in the position to explain why your OUT. A great opportunity and benefit to the customer that will get SCREWED by the company. Provision more of it as people WILL buy it.

Thats the good thing about the handhelds and if ppl are inventoring correctly they will UP the amount of product quickly.

to supplement the a la carte snack offering, i think usair should contract with some off brand chocalate maker to make edible 330-200 models...all proceeds going towards paying the note on the new planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.