New 757's

Jul 18, 2010
Does anyone know if there is truth to the rumor about US getting 3 additional 757's to support Hawaii flying out of PHX? I have heard we are looking and I have also heard we have secured financing. Any insight or pure rumor?

Does anyone know if there is truth to the rumor about US getting 3 additional 757's to support Hawaii flying out of PHX? I have heard we are looking and I have also heard we have secured financing. Any insight or pure rumor?

It's true. We have found one that meets our specs. We've looked at 6 thus far. This came directly to me on a flight from PHX last week by an upper level inflight manager. And yes, they are being sought out to support the Hawaii flying out west.

It's true. We have found one that meets our specs. We've looked at 6 thus far. This came directly to me on a flight from PHX last week by an upper level inflight manager. And yes, they are being sought out to support the Hawaii flying out west.
Thanks! Any insight as to where it may be coming from?

I asked but forgive me for not recalling exactly where they're coming from. I was more fixated on the fact that we are looking for more 757s.
I do remember Scott Kirby saying that the 757 is the only airplane that makes sense profit wise to Hawaii from PHX and the 321 does not have the legs to do it from what I'm told. It will be nice to see some new ones come our way... hopefully they aren't as rickety as some of ours are now.

I did see that these aircraft are Available.........

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2010/10/irag-sells-boeing-jets/126452/1

I am Sure that Management might be interested.....
We might even have the aircraft for Asia service!

Just confirmed that we are not losing any 757's. These are additional airframes.

Just confirmed that we are not losing any 757's. These are additional airframes.

That was my understanding as well.

Remember, US-east is currently flying one PHX-HI run which is not the ideal situation in the long run, hence the need to find newer B757s to add to US-west.

That was my understanding as well.

Remember, US-east is currently flying one PHX-HI run which is not the ideal situation in the long run, hence the need to find newer B757s to add to US-west.
US-West has returned 3 757's in the past year due to lease expirations. The leases were not renewed due to the age of the A/C as these were original deliveries to Eastern in the early 80's. The one thing that blows my mind is that 2 of these frames were retrofitted with blended winglets and interiors refurbished. What a waste of money.

US-West has returned 3 757's in the past year due to lease expirations. The leases were not renewed due to the age of the A/C as these were original deliveries to Eastern in the early 80's. The one thing that blows my mind is that 2 of these frames were retrofitted with blended winglets and interiors refurbished. What a waste of money.

Not quite. 915 was ex-Eastern and left in February 2009. 903 went to MCN in July and is now owned by FedEx while 906 left for MCN in August. Don't know what's up with the second one, but both of those aircraft were ex-Republic/Northwest. All three winglet-equipped West aircraft, 908-910, are still around. I've also heard that the remaining -2S7s will be fitted with updated interiors.

I don't know where you get your information from, but as recently as last month we were scheduled to lose 3 757s we had not planned on. Two East and one West aircraft, for which the company was seeking replacements. That is not an opinion...that is a fact. Things could have changed but the fleet plan going forward does not plan any growth.

Driver B)

My source and itvus a credible one told me we are not losing any more 757's. Also stated that company wants 3 but is looking for up to 7-8 total. Believe what you wish, but with the new 75 route from clt and the company looking to add more from Phl, they will need these 75's.

http://www.b757.info/database.htm

Great website for the 757 fan. However, it hasn't been updated since 2008, as it still shows 32 757's for US.

This other website will give you a more accurate listing of fleet types for every airline and plane around the world. You can also configure the search page to see where former aircraft have been sold/traded/returned to.

http://www.ch-aviation.ch/aircraft.php Updated as of 9/11/10