New APFA hotline 8/22/13

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
I'm sorry I don't know how to post links, but the newest hotline from today makes it sound like APFA is going to chicken out and pull a TWU!!! Sounds like a partnership is in the works for the merged AA/US FA's. Excuse me, but that is a crock of smelly stuff if that is the result. The last thing we need is to have non AA people taking our dues dollars and wasting it on non F/A priorities. Lets keep our dues dollars working 100% for the benefit of the AA F/A! Any thoughts from the peanut gallery out there? They have already received an email from me that clearly expresses my opinion on the idea of partnering with AFA.

Inteteresting. By non-AA people do you mean your dues to AFA-CWA international? Not sure what exactly you are referring to.

Josh

Yes, exactly!!! Plus I don't want people at United or any other AFA-CWA airline having any say on how we operate our union and our contract.

Exactly, they can keep their hands off AA F/A's!! We can advocate for ourselves better!

Fine. Just want nothing to do with AFA and more importantly, the CWA!

Haven't read that yet, but if they are really looking at a merged membership, they are doing it solely for their own interest.

How do you feel about DOH?

I think most AA flight attendants are all for DOH as long as the most junior AA DOH comes before any other flight attendant's DOH. Particularly with some of the very most senior AA flight attendants having left or leaving soon in the buyout, I predict much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth if similarly senior (30+years) LCC flight attendants end up in merged company senior to any AA flight attendants (especially those who were about to move into that top tier).

I think most AA flight attendants are all for DOH as long as the most junior AA DOH comes before any other flight attendant's DOH. Particularly with some of the very most senior AA flight attendants having left or leaving soon in the buyout, I predict much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth if similarly senior (30+years) LCC flight attendants end up in merged company senior to any AA flight attendants (especially those who were about to move into that top tier).

I remember saying it looked like a lot of them would be leaving back in the 90's, but I keep seeing them around still.

Reactions: 1 person

So what you are saying here is that AA F/A's are for a straight-up staple job of anybody that was not originally AA? So the most junior AA F/A would be senior to the most senior non AA F/A? Is that how I am reading your response?

DOH means DOH regardless of where you started your career at if the companies merge. If you have exactly 30 years in at company 1, and a person in company 2, the company you are merging with, has exactly 30 years one day, that person is senior to you. That is what DOH means. Lose the entitlement attitude that your time means more than anybody else's.

Reactions: 3 people
PJ You seem shocked. How long have you been in this industry?

Not shocked, just flat out disgusted. Been in the industry over 2 decades now, and it never ceases to amaze me. Two airlines come to mind about the entitlement attitude with regards to mergers. 1 is obviously AA, and the other, well I'll give you 3 guesses. And it aint US/DL/or UA.

Reactions: 1 person