New Arizona Livery

FutureUScapt

Veteran
Dec 1, 2005
The final A319 in HP colors has been repainted and is now wearing AZ colors. It looks similar to the the new NV livery where the front of the fuselage is white, but other than that it looks good. I guess we'll know what to expect if they ever paint a plane in NC or PA colors.

US New AZ Livery

The final A319 in HP colors has been repainted and is now wearing AZ colors. It looks similar to the the new NV livery where the front of the fuselage is white, but other than that it looks good. I guess we'll know what to expect if they ever paint a plane in NC or PA colors.

US New AZ Livery
Looks real good astetic wise,pleasing to the eye.Sweet. :up:

I personally like the new STATE Theme planes and would like to see them rolled out to all 50 States. The Company could use this project as a Marketing Initiative to truly market USAirways. AWA had some very eye catching Theme planes on their 757 fleet (the OHIO being one of the Best) but the NEW style used on the Arizona and Nevada a/c look classic and more consistent with the general fleet albeit the Tail area. The travelling public comes from all regions of the Nation and a program like this could serve as a "Feel Good" story....."there's a Colorado plane- I am from Colorado or I always wanted to go there". No other airline does it and it could work very nicely.

NOPE, don't like it. STOP with the WEST CENTRIC crap. Unless USAIRWAYS is going to have a 50 state theme plane fleet, there is no reason to have an Arizona and Nevada state plane (which is posted in the 5/3 About US).

Those are leftovers of the OLD America West. It's dead, well not really considering the crap that spews from Tempe.

It's time to stop repainting the planes to match what was done in HP.

The theme plane fleet is unique to the heritage of what became LCC. There is no reason to copy what HP did, unless Doug plans on painting a North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New York and Massachusetts livery.

NOPE, don't like it. STOP with the WEST CENTRIC crap. Unless USAIRWAYS is going to have a 50 state theme plane fleet, there is no reason to have an Arizona and Nevada state plane (which is posted in the 5/3 About US).

Those are leftovers of the OLD America West. It's dead, well not really considering the crap that spews from Tempe.

The theme plane fleet is unique to the heritage of what became LCC. There is no reason to copy what HP did, unless Doug plans on painting a North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New York and Massachusetts livery.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if we see NC and PA planes. All in all, the painted planes (aside from the heritage ones) do little for me, but if it makes some folks happy, then go for it. These versions look alot more professional then the former HP ones do, which is nice. But I will agree with you that I think they've painted enough special schemes - it's time to see some real changes around here!

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if we see NC and PA planes. All in all, the painted planes (aside from the heritage ones) do little for me, but if it makes some folks happy, then go for it. These versions look alot more professional then the former HP ones do, which is nice. But I will agree with you that I think they've painted enough special schemes - it's time to see some real changes around here!
If they happen to do all the states, I really would hate to see what the Georgia Plane would look like. :unsure:

If they happen to do all the states, I really would hate to see what the Georgia Plane would look like. :unsure:
===========================================================

Maybe the horn will play the first few notes of "Dixie".

This silly paint job idea has gotten too far out of hand. Kind of like the "uniform" variations.

By the time we finish giving back aircraft we won't have enough planes to do the states. :lol: As much as I like the themed planes (some more than others) I DO think that it slightly takes away the ohhhh and ahhhh's of the heritage jets. When you see a few theme planes parked along with the America West, Allegheny, PSA or Piedmont they don't stick out as much. I just don't want to see them do a theme plane for everything under the sun. Hey we COULD pair up with Walmart. Be the nex WestPac. :rolleyes:

Marketing could easily use the Theme planes constructively and get some good publicity for A CHANGE. If the State Theme planes were rolled out to say all 50 states, a model or postcard could be made to depict the aircraft. People like to collect all sorts of things (what brings joy to one person may not have any value to another). There are aviation collectors around the world who would probably jump to get a miniature fleet of 50 US State theme planes not to mention employees (who still have some sense of pride in the Company) or passengers (who want to remember special occasions and/or horrible flights). It has never been done before, is creative and really shows off a very diverse Nation the USA is in people, region and flags.

Here is another photo with a little more detail

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5977445

Personally the back 25 pct looks great but just way to much white, actually has more white than the normal US livery. Many like the new Nevada and Arizona more than the 757's schemes they replace as many thought they where gaudy or tacky but I would have much prefered something more of a happy medium between the old and the newest ones.

Regards

LGA777

Latest posts