New Atlantic Routes?

kirkpatrick

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Long Island, NY
From Laurie Curtis:

757 International Aircraft

We are moving forward with reconfiguring 18 Boeing 757 for use on international routes. The reconfiguration includes the installation of new seats, new cabin interiors and updated in-flight entertainment systems throughout the aircraft. The project is slated to begin later this year for completion by the end of 2009.
The 757 Business Class, in a 2-2 seating configuration, will feature 16 next-generation angled lie-flat seats with drop-down armrests, the ability to track forward 10 inches, interlocking tray tables that create one of the largest workspaces in the industry and in-seat entertainment system with audio and video on demand.
The economy cabin, comprised of 166 seats in a 3-3 configuration, will receive a lighter and brighter look including new seats and new sidewalls. In addition, new LCD monitors will replace CRT monitors to enhance in-flight entertainment video viewing and a digital media file server will provide better in-flight video and audio entertainment quality.

Once completed, the 757 international fleet will serve some new trans-Atlantic routes that are in the process of being finalized now. As with each refurbishment, we will keep you apprised of updates along the way and be on the lookout for the routes in Sabre.

That's it for this week. Please fly safely.

OK guys, let's speculate!

MK

Sounds like heavy JFK flying to northern Europe, ORD to Ireland and the UK & Boston to Europe.

Sounds like heavy JFK flying to northern Europe, ORD to Ireland and the UK & Boston to Europe.

Maybe, maybe not.. Remember 10 A300's are being retired this month...Either 757 or 767 will replace the Airbus on certain routes....maybe the 757 will be replacing the 767 on certain routes.

Where will there be Contractual "Industry Leading" crew rest areas with 166 m/c seats...?
I see a possible snag to AAs plans unless Im missing something...
Im just sayen.........................................

Where will there be Contractual "Industry Leading" crew rest areas with 166 m/c seats...?

I'm with you. Where will they put us? The last two rows with a curtain and lav stink?

Good question; if the flights are less than 8 hours (very likely, since that's the edge of the range), what does the contract require?

From Laurie Curtis:

757 International Aircraft

We are moving forward with reconfiguring 18 Boeing 757 for use on international routes. The reconfiguration includes the installation of new seats, new cabin interiors and updated in-flight entertainment systems throughout the aircraft. The project is slated to begin later this year for completion by the end of 2009.
The 757 Business Class, in a 2-2 seating configuration, will feature 16 next-generation angled lie-flat seats with drop-down armrests, the ability to track forward 10 inches, interlocking tray tables that create one of the largest workspaces in the industry and in-seat entertainment system with audio and video on demand.
The economy cabin, comprised of 166 seats in a 3-3 configuration, will receive a lighter and brighter look including new seats and new sidewalls. In addition, new LCD monitors will replace CRT monitors to enhance in-flight entertainment video viewing and a digital media file server will provide better in-flight video and audio entertainment quality.

Once completed, the 757 international fleet will serve some new trans-Atlantic routes that are in the process of being finalized now. As with each refurbishment, we will keep you apprised of updates along the way and be on the lookout for the routes in Sabre.

That's it for this week. Please fly safely.

OK guys, let's speculate!

MK
:huh: ------ And where, pray tell, are they going to reconfigure, these 18 757's? I seem to remember that a certain overhaul base didn't want anything to do with CIP's!!! :shock:

I'm sure we will be doing an HMG (Hydraulic driven Motor Generator) mod also to comply with ETOPS.

Good question; if the flights are less than 8 hours (very likely, since that's the edge of the range), what does the contract require?

Pretty much anywhere we go to Europe is going to be over 8 hours on the 757. Though, I suppose they could have the flights leave at 2pm and 3pm to virtually guarantee less block time built into the trip sequence.

And as far as industry leading seats, I wouldn't put it past AA to design high comfort pull out jumpseats at 2LR and two more cruddy coach seats with a footrest that passengers will continually try to upgrade themselves into if the flight falls to 7:59 on international or on domestic flights. <_<

I would then hope and assume that at that point a PG would be filed as the Company would not be abiding by our CBA....

Sure, the union is good at pushing paper after the fact. Let's speculate on what they will give up in order to get us a rest seat.......even though we don't have to give anything up to get what's written in our contract. They'll find a way, I'm certain.

My theory: they will reconfigure the airplane without rest seats. The union will file a greivance and they will come to an agreement to put the seats in, economy seats will be given in the meantime, and it will take them 1-2 years for the first planes to be reconfigured with the rest seats. Otherwise, the 757 to europe will be a bust and they will just leave the planes as is for domestic.

Latest posts