New early out offer coming?

Dec 4, 2015
Word has it that yet another early out may be coming? I personally would love to take it if it's a good one. But, if it subject to bankruptcy like the previous offers, I'm out.

Word has it that yet another early out may be coming? I personally would love to take it if it's a good one. But, if it subject to bankruptcy like the previous offers, I'm out.
Thata what held me back last time. Their promise isnt worth the paper its printed on.

Don't expect anything to be different from the last one. Given that, I don't see too many takers. Unless you're already on the doorstep of retirement, there's nothing lucrative to get people to go much earlier than they ever planned to.

I know if I were in a position to get out I would , I rather doubt the payroll protection will be extended
I base this on what the occupant of the White House has done so far.
Green jobs are more important than real good high paying ones.
So get ready this will be a difficult year

If they would guarantee the 150k they would get alot of takers. I don't see them getting any more takers since last offer, no one in their right mind is going to roll the dice on them not entering bankruptcy in this crazy world. Getting rid of a 30 yr employee to keep a new hire, the company could recoup the 150k in just a few years and have many, many years of benefits in multiple ways.

what's the difference? if the company files for BK, maybe you lose $5-$6-$11 an hour in pay with maybe lesser benefits?

that $150k is tax-free.

i have 30+ years, i'm in no position to leave. i do know a few guys with more time than me that regretted not taking the last summer's offer. they claim they didn't understand the whole insurance deal..didn't know all the facts. one guy couldn't believe you can use the money for co-pays and medicare supplemental and prescription insurance.

yeah, dude. now the offer is coming back and we'll see if he takes it.

i think that's pathetic all the way around. the company and union need to go out and explain the offer. don't wait for the mountain to come to you, go to the mountain.

what's the difference? if the company files for BK, maybe you lose $5-$6-$11 an hour in pay with maybe lesser benefits?

that $150k is tax-free.

i have 30+ years, i'm in no position to leave. i do know a few guys with more time than me that regretted not taking the last summer's offer. they claim they didn't understand the whole insurance deal..didn't know all the facts. one guy couldn't believe you can use the money for co-pays and medicare supplemental and prescription insurance.

yeah, dude. now the offer is coming back and we'll see if he takes it.

i think that's pathetic all the way around. the company and union need to go out and explain the offer. don't wait for the mountain to come to you, go to the mountain.

The 150k does not begin until you separate from the company. Which, with this offer that would not be until April/2022. If they go bankrupt by then, you lose the entire 150k and you are in your own for insurance. No more mountain.
Idt, after last time, anyone in their right mind is going to take a cut in pay, took way to long to get it back.

your argument is BK will erase the $150k. BK will also erase pay and benefits - nothing anyone can do about that if the company files BK.

of course no one wants to willingly give up pay & benefits.

you're using BK for your insurance money argument, but, using concessions for losing pay and benefits?

we're talking BK, because you're talking BK in regards to the insurance money.

everyone has their own story and situation. the fact that this buy-out is offered again is amazing.

Reactions: swamt
your argument is BK will erase the $150k. BK will also erase pay and benefits - nothing anyone can do about that if the company files BK.

of course no one wants to willingly give up pay & benefits.

you're using BK for your insurance money argument, but, using concessions for losing pay and benefits?

we're talking BK, because you're talking BK in regards to the insurance money.

everyone has their own story and situation. the fact that this buy-out is offered again is amazing.
If its so amazing take it

I know if I were in a position to get out I would , I rather doubt the payroll protection will be extended
I base this on what the occupant of the White House has done so far.
Green jobs are more important than real good high paying ones.
So get ready this will be a difficult year

Stop pouting. This is what you wanted.

Thata what held me back last time. Their promise isnt worth the paper its printed on.

Don't expect anything to be different from the last one. Given that, I don't see too many takers. Unless you're already on the doorstep of retirement, there's nothing lucrative to get people to go much earlier than they ever planned to.

I was looking for AA to do a little more enticing offer to get more folks out. If they don't see that from the last offer, someone else needs to be in charge, Hellooooo!