New Express VP

flyingcat

Veteran
Oct 10, 2005
US Airways has appointed Robert E. Martens as Senior Vice President and President, US Airways Express. In his new position, Martens, 61, will oversee the US Airways Express program, which consists of 2,300 daily flights and includes nine regional airlines. He will have direct oversight of the airlines’ two wholly owned regional subsidiaries, Piedmont Airlines and PSA Airlines, and will report to US Airways President Scott Kirby. 

US Airways President Scott Kirby stated, “We are extremely pleased to welcome Bob to the US Airways team. He brings a great deal of industry knowledge and extensive airline operations experience, particularly with regional affiliates, to our airline, and we look forward to improving the seamless service between our express and mainline operations as a result of Bob’s leadership.â€￾

Martens has more than 35 years of aviation experience, and began his career at Trans World Airlines where he held a variety of planning and financial positions. Martens spent the majority of his career with American Airlines where he served in various senior management capacities, including President and CEO of AMR Corporation’s wholly owned regional airline American Eagle Airlines.  His additional experience includes serving as chairman and chief executive officer at Business Express Airlines, and as president and chief operating officer at Polar Air Cargo.

Martens holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Yale and a Masters of Business Administration from Harvard.

I guess he is the one who hired DoUgIe at AA years ago. :unsure:

You know, I never did get an answer to my query about why DoUgIe was let go from AA.

As far as Mr. Martens is concerned, I hope we get to meet him soon in PIT. If he's an idea guy, we've got some good ones for him to look at if he visits.

Latest posts