New Interior on A-330 !

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
Saw photos on another board of a US A-330 with a new interior. Envoy had the normal seats but with the same new blue cloth seat covers as the new 767 Envoy. Coach has blue leather, in the photo's actually looks decent. I'm sure our friend ETOPS1 will post soon. Anyone else seen ?

Cheers

LGA777

Saw photos on another board of a US A-330 with a new interior. Envoy had the normal seats but with the same new blue cloth seat covers as the new 767 Envoy. Coach has blue leather, in the photo's actually looks decent. I'm sure our friend ETOPS1 will post soon. Anyone else seen ?

Cheers

LGA777
Hey LGA, where at?? I thought you were always the one with the good pics.

Hey LGA, where at?? I thought you were always the one with the good pics.

Sorry USstew23. We don't get to many 330's up here in LGA, and been doing limited travelling as of late to due to changed priorites.

Thanks Though

LGA777

well 767s do, not sure if the a330 is lga certified.

That is why MCD built the DC-10 with the extra landing gear for LGA ops.

I just searched several aviation photos sites and no pics of an A330 at LGA, I know AA, EA and CO has/had operated the A300 at LGA.

Yeah guys, no 330's ever been to LGA, my coment was friendly no offense to anyone sarcasm. And 700UW is correct, about the A-300's at LGA, plus Pan Am as well both to MIA and even to BOS on the Shuttle. Perhaps the largest aircraft to ever land at LGA was also an A-300, the Beluga, which brought in a rear horizonal stabilizer for an Air Canada A-320 which had it's destroyed by a Sky Chef's catering truck.

And USstew23, the photos are on the blue site (a.net) in a thread about a "refreshed USAirways"

LGA777

phpkfrJOR.jpg

phpZK0Wnd.jpg

pics taken from airliners.net
credit: etops1

I actually like the appearance of the A330 "upgraded" interiors. Aesthetically very pleasing to the eye.

well 767s do, not sure if the a330 is lga certified.

That is why MCD built the DC-10 with the extra landing gear for LGA ops.

The DC-10 with the extra landing gear (in between the two mains) is the DC-10-30 and -40. When I flew for American, the only DC-10 capable of landing at LaGuardia was the -10 series which does not have the extra gear. American also flew the DC-10-30, but these aircraft were used primarily for transatlantic and Hawaii flights. As far as I can recall, the -30 could never be used as a substitute for flights into/from LGA. The -30 and -40 were configured with the additional gear to support the extra weight of the aircraft (larger fuel tanks for intercontinental flying) and was much heavier than the standard -10 series.

I believe the -30 or -40 series of the DC-10 would have been too heavy a load for the weight restricted and load bearing runways at LaGuardia.

Any pilots out there that can confirm this??

Hmm...the interiors look better...why can't they get the 767 right the first time and I hope US replaces all the CRT screens on the A330 soon...I might take a trip up to Europe sometime soon

DC-10-30's have operated into LGA , there are of course pavement restrictions centering on the piers. The other widebodies to use LGA were the TriStar , the A300 as LGA777 said all versions of the 767 up to and including the -400ER and at one time a millitary C-17 . The 764 had the largest wingspan IIRC , it would taxi past our terminal and the wing would clear parked aircraft .. not by much.

Our A321's were restricted weight wise on the piers as well . I dont know if that restriction is still in place.

actually, i did not take those pics. my good friend ray dibiasi ( i am sure many of you know him) did. so the credit goes to him. he sent them to me and i posted them on a.net. i was speaking to travis christ yesterday on the phone and he told me that the a330's and the 757 will get new envoy seats . not the ones the 767 have .another type. we will see what they come up with . anyway , luv ya guys . take care !!!
etops1