New Job, There Is A Better Life After U!

Sep 9, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I started my part time job today while I finish up my degree. (Ist job since I was hired by Piedmont in 1981). Orientation was today. We were welcomed and greeted by the CEO, VP, several directors and managers. We were told that above all, the company mission was teamwork, respect, and dignity for the patients, their families, and each other as coworkers. WOW! What a difference. The VP told us that if we had had prior experience, not even medically related, or that if we had ideas, or ways to possibly improve how something was done, that her door was open and she was available to listen! I actually felt valued by the company from the first day! There are better things out there even if you wait to see what happens with the company to the end. Just get out there now and start looking while you still have your job. What a fresh burst of air that I have not felt about working in years! Good luck to all!

Aw crap! I saw your name and was going to ask you what your 'hourly rate' was.

For all of the morality police whom I offended by this post, my apologies. Pray for my soul; I'm on an express elevator to he!!. It's a fast ride, but what a rush!

iflyjetz said:

For all of the morality police whom I offended by this post, my apologies. Pray for my soul; I'm on an express elevator to he!!. It's a fast ride, but what a rush!
[post="190051"][/post]​

LOL..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

iflyjetz said:

[post="190051"][/post]​

Well, being a "callgirl" in res does not pay enough anymore so I am out of the biz!
Happy hunting!

usairways_vote_NO said:
Thanks for rubbing it in that there are companies that care :up:
[post="190053"][/post]​
Uh...they always say they care in the beginning. Report back in a few years.

spacewaitress said:
Uh...they always say they care in the beginning. Report back in a few years.
[post="190302"][/post]​

Don't be a spoilsport, maybe, just maybe, there ARE company's that care. All I know is that my attitude is wonderful and I am starting fresh. Bitterness only hurts oneself.

callgirlcindie said:
Don't be a spoilsport, maybe, just maybe, there ARE company's that care. All I know is that my attitude is wonderful and I am starting fresh. Bitterness only hurts oneself.
[post="190323"][/post]​
I agree, and I do wish you well.

All I really meant was, of course, to enjoy it and do your best. And surely no industry could be as dysfunctional the airlines. It's just that no one industry is perfect.

Just keep a level head and don't let your expectations run ahead of you too far. That's a recipe for disappointment in anything.

Best of luck!

As I have mentioned in a few other threads, my wife resigned from US Airways after 16 years (CSA in PHL). I have never seen her so happy! Even the expression on her face is completely different. No more stress induced by idiotic, pathetic management, severe understaffing, and rediculous working conditions. You, the rank and file employees are truely the one asset that management refused to recognize. Best wishes to all at US Airways.