New Lax Club Coming

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
From HP's daily intracompany newsletter:

NEW AIRPORT CLUB COMING TO LAX
Today, FlightFund members will receive a merger update, which includes news that LAX will soon be home to a new US Airways club. Although no date has been set, the new club should be ready for passengers in the coming months.

Jim

US1YFARE said:
The question is why aren't DM members receiving the same type of notice?
[post="297233"][/post]​

Did you read the opening sentence? It's an INTRACOMPANY message. Nothing official has been sent out to the DM or FF members yet. Cool your jets. We'll know more soon.

trvlr64 said:
Did you read the opening sentence? It's an INTRACOMPANY message. Nothing official has been sent out to the DM or FF members yet. Cool your jets. We'll know more soon.
[post="297238"][/post]​

The INTRACOMPANY message was to let the employees know that passangers were being notified that a club will be opening at LAX. I got the message as a FlightFund member but nothing from US of which I am a club member.

I should have added one bit of info to the original post. As RICflyer is probably aware from his membership in FlightFund, that newsletter was dated Sept 2 and FlightFund members were being notified that day according to the item.....

Jim

trvlr64 said:
Did you read the opening sentence?  It's an INTRACOMPANY message.  Nothing official has been sent out to the DM or FF members yet.  Cool your jets.  We'll know more soon.
[post="297238"][/post]​

i did read the post...so cool YOUR jets dude. again, why weren't DM members notified? Or, why weren't club members notified?

BoeingBoy said:
From HP's daily intracompany newsletter:

NEW AIRPORT CLUB COMING TO LAX
Today, FlightFund members will receive a merger update, which includes news that LAX will soon be home to a new US Airways club. Although no date has been set, the new club should be ready for passengers in the coming months.

Jim
[post="297224"][/post]​

And by new LAX club, they mean old LAX club. ;)

I received this email from HP's FF in the wee hours of the morning:

As you know, America West and US Airways are joining together to create the world’s largest low-fare, full service airline. One of the most important elements of our new airline will be the combination of the best features of each airline’s frequent flyer program and airport club network. We expect the merger to be finalized within a few weeks, and then you can begin to enjoy some of the initial rewards and services of the new airline.

The merger integration will take some time to complete, but we want you to know we will soon announce frequent flyer and airport club benefits for travel to begin this fall. These include:

-Members of both Dividend Miles and FlightFund will be able to earn and redeem miles throughout our combined route network
-Miles and segments earned in 2005 will count towards either Dividend Miles Preferred or FlightFund Elite status
-America West Club members will have access to airport clubs across the expanded network
-A new club location will be opening at Los Angeles International Airport in the coming months

Still nothing from US regarding any of these decisions... :down:

US1YFARE said:
i did read the post...so cool YOUR jets dude.  again, why weren't DM members notified?  Or, why weren't club members notified?
[post="297293"][/post]​

I got my email from America West Flight Fund. The DM people are just slow.

My jets are always cooled. No reason to worry about a thing these days.

Customers, aka you and I are jumping the gun when it comes to questions about this merger. We will find out in due time.

I do the smart thing and read the US and AWA websites almost every other day to find new and interesting topics. I don't wait for it to appear here or on Flyertalk. And I talk with my friends that work for the "old" US too.

US1YFARE said:
Finally got my email from DM last night about the club.
[post="297879"][/post]​

Yep, me too. And a link is up on the usairways.com front page.

Now did waiting a few days kill anybody? I mean, really, I guess it would've been nice for them to send out e-mails at the same time, but the club isn't open yet anyway. Cut them a little slack sometimes. They do plenty of things worth complaining about; this wasn't one of them.

OK, the new old club is opening on October 29th.

And, I have just learned that one of our favorite club people in PHL is moving to LAX and will be joining the excellent club staff there.

Congratulations to her and to the fine folks in LAX who are getting their jobs back.

Funny I thought about it this morning as I walked under the sign at LAX which said "US Airways Club".......

Good news all around!!!!