New Non-Rev Policy starts March 3rd.

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
Going through my Qik Shares training manuels with a fine tooth comb this weekend trying to ready myself for the big day on March 3rd. From what I'm reading, it appears that every flight you non-rev on, you must be ticketed. This is new for East employees. In the past we just listed, and checked in and got a Boarding Pass.
With the new system, First you list, Second you get an Electronic Ticket Issued. Third you check in. Fourth, you get cleared with a Boarding pass from the Standby list. In the past you only need to be ticketed if you were Space Positive, or were flying International.
Makes me wonder if all employees are aware of this new policy yet. Makes me wonder if the skeleton crew of gate agents are going to be able to actually ticket non-revs, at the gate, or if they will have to send them all to the ticket counter to be helped??? Could get a little HAIRY.
Maybe someone in Management will come up with a new policy to handle this approaching problem. This could be a major problem for crews at the gate, if swamped gate agents tell the crews to go to the counter, and wait in line to be ticketed. Ouch.

Going through my Qik Shares training manuels with a fine tooth comb this weekend trying to ready myself for the big day on March 3rd. From what I'm reading, it appears that every flight you non-rev on, you must be ticketed. This is new for East employees. In the past we just listed, and checked in and got a Boarding Pass.
With the new system, First you list, Second you get an Electronic Ticket Issued. Third you check in. Fourth, you get cleared with a Boarding pass from the Standby list. In the past you only need to be ticketed if you were Space Positive, or were flying International.
Makes me wonder if all employees are aware of this new policy yet. Makes me wonder if the skeleton crew of gate agents are going to be able to actually ticket non-revs, at the gate, or if they will have to send them all to the ticket counter to be helped??? Could get a little HAIRY.
Maybe someone in Management will come up with a new policy to handle this approaching problem. This could be a major problem for crews at the gate, if swamped gate agents tell the crews to go to the counter, and wait in line to be ticketed. Ouch.

wow.. that does seem like a lot. I wonder when information will be posted with the new instructions. Good luck to all the agentns out there!!!!

Yikes, that does sound involved. If this change involves using the kiosk by security like DP's do now, it shouldn't be a problem: that takes 5 seconds. Is that the only extra step it entails, or do we have to check in with the live agent as well? :wacko:

Non-revs that don't pay any fees up front are automatically ticketed when you make the listing through the ETC. If you make your listing using Shares, I'm sure Qik has a very simple way of doing the e-ticket.

If someone has to pay fees (parents, buddy pass, etc) then you can either pay & ticket online or at the ATO/CTO.

And, you'll be able to check-in online (like you can now for HP flights), or at a kiosk, or at the gate.

YEP your are 100% right either you book online or you get ticketed and not every computer will be capable of ticketing

Currently on the East we use ticket stock as boarding pass stock so we can ticket and checkin on the same computers. With the new system only certain computers can "ticket" someone since there are limited machines that will be stocked with ticket stock and the rest will have the regular boarding pass stock. In most instances gates will ONLY have the boarding pass stock (exceptions are special services). However, if you can ticket something that does not require an auditors coupon, it can be done on the computers that dont have ticket stock. Most credit card entries for upgrades, moveups, pets, etc do not currently produce an auditors so it can be done on any machine. However, if it is something that DOES produce an auditors (and most offline nonrev tickets, parent tickets, buddy passes, etc do), then it has to be done at the counter. Best plan would be, if its just you or someone on your term pass on US, shouldnt be a problem. Any other type of ticketing, plan on doing it at the counter until everyone gets the hang of the new system and figures out just what can be done and where.

:down: :down: :down: Does Tempe do ANY pre-planning? And I thought Crystal City was clueless---GEZZZ... HELLO!

Where do you see we have to be ticketed as non-revs??....I'm on the West side and we never get ticketed when we non-rev on Qik System, or whatever it's called...we just list ourselves on ETC, and check-in on ETC and just go to gate and wait to be cleared...so please, explain further as I commute and haven't heard anything about this change on the West side...

And imagine the chaos at the gate when everybody will running to the gate agent trying to figure our there seniority, the delays will increase.
Don’t worry about seniority boarding we are fully capable of handling the seniority system. It has been proven and tested for many years.

Where do you see we have to be ticketed as non-revs??....I'm on the West side and we never get ticketed when we non-rev on Qik System, or whatever it's called...we just list ourselves on ETC, and check-in on ETC and just go to gate and wait to be cleared...so please, explain further as I commute and haven't heard anything about this change on the West side...
What happens when your go to the gate without listing online (etc) or change your routing at the last minute with out talking to a agent

Latest posts