New Organizing drive to "Oust" The IAM?

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
It is my understanding that 'other labor organizations' not associated with the AFL/CIO may have interest in raiding the IAM for the approx 7,000 IAM members in fleet.

Such organizations that have been contacted or should be contacted are the Teamsters, Laborers, United Transportation Union [Rail union], among others. The main thing they are looking for is a current 'committee' of workers from various stations that would be willing to meet with the union, as opposed to one or two guys just griping.

It is my opinion that the Teamsters would be a viable option should the IAM drop the ball for the 18th time.

Such an endeavor will involve both the east side and the westies. Also, with many more active employees, the likelihood of a dispute is high, should you folks decide to consider switching from the inept IAM.

Currently, the IAM is dragging its feet. Even though the judge ruled the IAM can go forward to expedite arbitration, the IAM agreed with the company to 'shelve' any arbitration date until the falltime, over 4 months from the Judge's ruling. So much for Canale's talk.

Further, the IAM has a fidicuary responsibility to negotiate for the 'westies' since the westies contract is ammendable. The IAM's actions of stalling negotiations for another month clearly shows the IAM doesn't feel pressed to do anything other than sit on its butt for the west siders.

In any case, both the east siders and westies are getting a very poor quality of representation and the thought of changing representation is a reasonable one.

Although I have no intentions of getting heavily into organizing for the Teamsters or anyone else, I wouldn't mind facilitating or coordinating a committee of IAM union brothers to review or discuss this topic. Such a thing must involve, at minimum, brothers from PHX, LAS, CLT, PHL, PIT. And just the formation of the committee should keep the IAM honest and help facilitate better representation.

Anyways, food for thought.

regards,

not a bad idea really ... already i can feel cold hands starting to throw me under the "bus" but up until that moment fully comes i will continue to have blind faith in the IAM ....

Tim, you were trying to rid the TWU and who else. If you could, please don't insite US Airways at this time. But thanks for any information.

It is a very bad idea.

The company will not negotiate a transition agreement with the IAM if there is an organizing drive and/or election for a new union.

You all whine and complain about it now, how about waiting another year or so for any improvements?

Becareful what you wish for, it might come true.

Go ask the former IBT AMTs how HP shutdown negotiations after the merger and the unknown factor if there was going to be an election or not, same goes for the TWU.

Guess Tim is looking for another union job, gonna start your own union again? Like your three failures at US?

Lets see there was FSU and AGW, what was the name of the first one you did when you filed short of cards and caused a one year bar and then US decimated the non-union CSAs and FSs.

Im going to agree with 700 here. I think its premature to be thinking about ousting the IAM at this time.
With that said we need to see some progress in the transition agreement discussions.
I for one wish the timetable for the arbitration was sooner rather than later becasue it just means another long summer with crappy pay and benifits,
We can only hope for the best and hope a fair agreement comes forth soon.

As much as I dislike the IAM, I think that it would be bad timing for anything like this. I still have a tiny bit of hope that they will abolish the 60 day recall clause, and this is a Huge issue to myself and many others currently on furlough. The "prime time" to have ousted them, has came and gone. Maybe, just maybe they can put together a favorable transition agreement with the change of control momentum on thier side...Only time will tell. :(

As much as I dislike the IAM, I think that it would be bad timing for anything like this. I still have a tiny bit of hope that they will abolish the 60 day recall clause, and this is a Huge issue to myself and many others currently on furlough. The "prime time" to have ousted them, has came and gone. Maybe, just maybe they can put together a favorable transition agreement with the change of control momentum on thier side...Only time will tell. :(
Wings,
a careful reading of the text of the original post makes no mention of decertifying the IAM at this time. The intention of it was 'after' another IAM sellout. The point is that there are other unions out there that want you guys.

regards,

'after' another IAM sellout.
regards,
Funny thing is nothing has occured.

All you are doing is stirring the pot.

What union are you trying to get a job with this time?

Since the IAM removed you at ORD from your grievance committee position, the IBT and TWU both turned you down for jobs and your failed three attempts at your own union, ie AGW and FSU where you appointed yourself to leadership roles, so who are you scoping out for a job this time?

Is this your new advisor?

Funny thing is nothing has occured.

All you are doing is stirring the pot.

What union are you trying to get a job with this time?

Since the IAM removed you at ORD from your grievance committee position, the IBT and TWU both turned you down for jobs and your failed three attempts at your own union, ie AGW and FSU where you appointed yourself to leadership roles, so who are you scoping out for a job this time?

Is this your new advisor?

Quite the contrary,
Everyone knows how to get an IAM job, it's all about who can kiss more a$$. It is painfully obvious why I never received an IAM paid job. You just don't get those type of jobs by putting together a competing ticket to run against the Boss's hand picked boys. In truth, they had enough of me when I took the floor in the orlando District convention by coordinating and drafting an officer pay cut for those boys in the 100,000 club. BTW, that proposal made it through the IAM's biggest local and that's how it got to the district level. I got the boot shortly after I came after their pay.
I'm proud of what I accomplished and that's why I can stand behind my name.

OTOH, I'm perplexed as to why you haven't got an IAM job? You seem to have all the 'right stuff'.

regards,

Funny thing is you remember history differant than the rest of us.

You tried to get a job with the IBT by attempting to sell your name list to the IBT after your failed card filing being short and the TWU until the DFW President figured out you were behind the AGW raids and contacted the PHX TWU President.

Your fellow fleet remember you getting removed after you were almost fired for your slowdown comments on "The Big Picture" and your starting of FSU to raid the IAM on US property.

Everyone knows it is all about Tim, appointing yourself and Pruitt to leadership roles in every union you tried to create once the IAM removed you from office.

So far every legitimate union has refused your power grab, so all you do now is sit back and stir the pot.

Guess you forgot how your one year bar caused havoc on your coworkers.

Funny thing is you remember history differant than the rest of us.

You tried to get a job with the IBT by attempting to sell your name list to the IBT after your failed card filing being short and the TWU until the DFW President figured out you were behind the AGW raids and contacted the PHX TWU President.

Your fellow fleet remember you getting removed after you were almost fired for your slowdown comments on "The Big Picture" and your starting of FSU to raid the IAM on US property.

Everyone knows it is all about Tim, appointing yourself and Pruitt to leadership roles in every union you tried to create once the IAM removed you from office.

So far every legitimate union has refused your power grab, so all you do now is sit back and stir the pot.

Guess you forgot how your one year bar caused havoc on your coworkers.

700, I don't care what you believe, believe what you wish dude. I'm not here to defend a mind boggling libel against someone who wasn't raised to stand behind his very own name. Come out from behind your goofy mask 700 and step up to the plate instead of running your mouth with goofy babblings.

At any rate, I will give you points though for saying I stir the pot. I'll have to agree with you on that one.
While stiring the pot in this thread, I am not surprised to see that you floated up.

regards,

Libel?

Funny shall I contact the Fleet Members who saved your job when you posted a job action on the big picture?

Shall I post the links to the LM2s of FSU and AGW what show you and Pruitt as appointed leaders?

Shall I contact the former IBT organizers who you attempted to sell your name list too to get a job with the IBT?

Shall I contact the former PHX TWU President also?

Shall we ask the members who were around in the early 90s when you filed short of cards and caused a one year bar and then the company went to town on CSA and FS Agents?

Don't deflect and make it about whom I am, it is about your actions in the past and present, not mine.

Libel?

Funny shall I contact the Fleet Members who saved your job when you posted a job action on the big picture?

Shall I post the links to the LM2s of FSU and AGW what show you and Pruitt as appointed leaders?

Shall I contact the former IBT organizers who you attempted to sell your name list too to get a job with the IBT?

Shall I contact the former PHX TWU President also?

Shall we ask the members who were around in the early 90s when you filed short of cards and caused a one year bar and then the company went to town on CSA and FS Agents?

Don't deflect and make it about whom I am, it is about your actions in the past and present, not mine.
It's all about you 700. I think it is fair of me to ask you your name publically since you are babbling and attacking my character and asking me questions.
So I present a fair question one more time, who are you? Why should I respond to your questions if I have no confirmation who you are?????
Who am i speaking to???
If you are going to ask me questions about who you should contact then at least tell us who you are. If you can't stand behind what you say [I know you can't] I would just ask you to 'step in front of a mirror' and take a good look. Tell me do you see 700 or someone else?

regards,

Keep dodging the real issues tells me something I all ready know, it is all true.

You are the only person on the board using your real name, no one else does.

By the way, Don't let the facts get in your way.