New Paint?

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
This is the first I have heard of anything.  However, if they want a cooler interior, keep the fuselage all white with stripes as well as a colorful tail and winglets.  K.I.S.S.  Think about maint cost and paint touch ups after maint of fuse skins.  All one color, low maint and cost.  Tail could have some sort of a design, but keep it where if you replace the rudder not affecting the paint job.  The Canyon Blue does in fact fade extremely quickly, so why go to a darker Blue that will make the interior hotter and hotter as well as continue to fade, Hellooooo...

Southwest Airlines planes to get a new look?

Is Southwest unveiling a new paint job? 

10377610_10152688693267889_6876240454393714054_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
It's not a bad design in my opinion but the only thing that's keeping me from really liking it is that mustard shade of yellow, makes it a bit garish.  If that yellow were more of a tan or gold it might be easier on the eye.

I'm sure once a good number of them have been painted and you see them all along the flight line they'll look nicely indeed.  Congrats to SWA on the new look, I'll be excited to see it in person.

ChockJockey said:
It's not a bad design in my opinion but the only thing that's keeping me from really liking it is that mustard shade of yellow, makes it a bit garish.  If that yellow were more of a tan or gold it might be easier on the eye.

I'm sure once a good number of them have been painted and you see them all along the flight line they'll look nicely indeed.  Congrats to SWA on the new look, I'll be excited to see it in person.
There are two planes that were painted.

LEAKED — New Southwest and Frontier Airlines' Liveries

Not sure yet.  Don't trust pictures.  I will wait to see in person for full opinion, but not sure If I like the yellow myself.  Hard to believe it's already been 13 years for the current paint job.  Also don't know if I am a fan with the logo over windows just yet.  Hopefully it all looks better in person...

swamt said:
LEAKED — New Southwest and Frontier Airlines' Liveries

Not sure yet.  Don't trust pictures.  I will wait to see in person for full opinion, but not sure If I like the yellow myself.  Hard to believe it's already been 13 years for the current paint job.  Also don't know if I am a fan with the logo over windows just yet.  Hopefully it all looks better in person...

If that's the upcoming announcement and a new look, hopefully it's another
specialty plane... maybe to commemorate the lifting of the Wright Amendment 
and international routes… :)  
We'll see...

I've never been a fan of any of the liveries, this one included. But one things for sure, you can always tell a Southwest plane when you see it flying. I sure that's more what they're going for.

It looks to me to be the same red and yellow (just more), that we have now.
The orange being removed is the only color change.
I hope it is a new blue that won't fade like our current blue.

They didn't go very far from our current paint scheme.