New plastic a/c type placards on every East plane

CLTBWIDAYSYR

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Ok, so we've cut pretzels, we charge for everything, yet we have money for mechanics to put see-through plastic placards at the forward windscreen of every east aircraft that have a nice little picture of the aircraft and type. Can someone PLEASE explain this one to me?

Ok, so we've cut pretzels, we charge for everything, yet we have money for mechanics to put see-through plastic placards at the forward windscreen of every east aircraft that have a nice little picture of the aircraft and type. Can someone PLEASE explain this one to me?
They done that so when they re-engine the A330, they don't put on the one from that Piedmont DC-3! :lol:

I noticed that yesterday on my PHL to FLL flight. I kept staring at it wondering , WHY IS THAT THERE?

I guess someone in the Sandcastle forgot there are safety cards in the seatbacks with the exact same picture.

They started that nonsense months ago. None of us could figure out why US would waste time and money on something so stupid.

When I have time I slide pictures of cartoons into the things.

We are after all a big joke.

They started that nonsense months ago. None of us could figure out why US would waste time and money on something so stupid.

When I have time I slide pictures of cartoons into the things.

We are after all a big joke.
haha..lol... On that note has anyone noticed that above the 1L door and sometimes the 2R door on the East 737's and Airbus that there is some black sticker that says the Oxygen mask config is 3/3 in F and 4/4 in Y? It's an AWA sticker but on the East a/c and the last time I checked all of our (East) narrowbody a/c had 4/4 through the whole cabin. It was the AWA planes that had all of that goofy crap where some of the boeings were 3/3 in F and 4/4 Y and some were 4/3 and some were 4/4 all the way. What weirdness and why are these stickers showing up on East a/c?? Did I miss something?

The O2 configuration placarding is being completed on ALL East aircraft. It is all part of the integration program with maintenance. There is a chart/information in the latest inflight newsletter.

The placard lets crews know how many O2 masks are in each section of the aircraft.

Jet

Unless I read something different, all it said was that they were putting mini cards in the things to match the new safety cards. I didn't read anything about O2 mask placement. I must be looking in the wrong place.

The O2 configuration placarding is being completed on ALL East aircraft. It is all part of the integration program with maintenance. There is a chart/information in the latest inflight newsletter.

The placard lets crews know how many O2 masks are in each section of the aircraft.

Jet
Well if that is the case then shouldn't they have the correct O2 mask placement for that aircraft?