New President - Robert Isom

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
Robert Isom moves from COO to President.

Scott Kirby and NAA are parting ways.

These things happen so suddenly.

Justme said:
Robert Isom moves from COO to President.

Scott Kirby and NAA are parting ways.

These things happen so suddenly.
I think Mr.Isom will do a fabulous job. Better to keep him than TuTu Scooter....

Reactions: 4 people
My guess is UA needs a successor to their CEO and no way Scott was going to push out Doug - so Scott is out - my guess is UA was courting Scott and couldn't match the offer

jcw said:
My guess is UA needs a successor to their CEO and no way Scott was going to push out Doug - so Scott is out - my guess is UA was courting Scott and couldn't match the offer
Or chose not to.......

Which explains he was pushed out for some reason - when someone goes to a competitor you don't pay them two years of comp

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly, which makes me wonder if they tried to poach Isom first or they just got wind that United was looiking and they proactively picked who they wanted to keep.

I think it was a matter of Parker and the Board deciding who would be appointed to succeed Doug.

AA's loss is UA's gain.

DallasConehead said:
Yes. And wondering what kind of pay he just moved into.  Remember AA admitted that rivals were "aggressively" attaining employees from AA. Sometimes this means they are quite possibly offering a carrot called $$$ out in front of them to get them.  Pretty sure it's a pretty big bump in pay to retain a 20 year veteran from AA...

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
Yes. And wondering what kind of pay he just moved into.  Remember AA admitted that rivals were "aggressively" attaining employees from AA. Sometimes this means they are quite possibly offering a carrot called $$$ out in front of them to get them.  Pretty sure it's a pretty big bump in pay to retain a 20 year veteran from AA...
I think it is more about Kirby getting groomed to replace Munoz at UAL. Parker probably not going anywhere and Kirby has a chance to run his own airline.

Reactions: 6 people
MetalMover said:
I think it is more about Kirby getting groomed to replace Munoz at UAL. Parker probably not going anywhere and Kirby has a chance to run his own airline.
Into the ground. haha.  I'm hoping he pushes the same America West crap he tried to here.  See how United puts up with it.  He is a little man that only knows how to run a little airline.  Oh yeah.  He likes to cross dress too.

Reactions: 8 people