New Routes on East/West Metal?

AlleghenyVista

Advanced
Nov 30, 2006
On March 3, all of US Airways will be under new SHARES res system.
I was curious if this will now allow for more route synergies. In the past, East metal was only allowed to fly from PHX to cities on the west that were SABRE stations and vice versa with West metal only going to east stations using SHARES.
Would be nice to have layovers in cities like say PDX and YVR!! :up:

Pilot transition agreement is still in effect, so no major schedule mixes until a new contract is completed.

On March 3, all of US Airways will be under new SHARES res system.
I was curious if this will now allow for more route synergies. In the past, East metal was only allowed to fly from PHX to cities on the west that were SABRE stations and vice versa with West metal only going to east stations using SHARES.
Would be nice to have layovers in cities like say PDX and YVR!! :up:
Just a note...
YVR - NIce Layover - :up:
PDX - Well the hotel staff is great, however, CHEEP and sucky hotel beds, etc. Always short layovers. :down:

Ugh, no thanks! I have no desire to have layovers in places like Buffalo, Allentown or Albany! Just like most of you have no desire to have layovers in El Paso, Albuquerque or Reno.

Let's keep things separate for as long as possible!

Ugh, no thanks! I have no desire to have layovers in places like Buffalo, Allentown or Albany! Just like most of you have no desire to have layovers in El Paso, Albuquerque or Reno.

Hmmmm....Id actually like to have your layovers in HNL,ANC,GEG, not to mention a bunch of other places. Im sure you folks based in PHX and LAS would love to layover in FRA,LGW,FCO,BDA just to name a few.

And by the way...long layovers in Albany are quite some fun! A bunch of awesome brewpubs and nightclubs right near the hotel. Dont knock it till you try it.

Hmmmm....Id actually like to have your layovers in HNL,ANC,GEG, not to mention a bunch of other places. Im sure you folks based in PHX and LAS would love to layover in FRA,LGW,FCO,BDA just to name a few.

And by the way...long layovers in Albany are quite some fun! A bunch of awesome brewpubs and nightclubs right near the hotel. Dont knock it till you try it.
However, once your senior fa's are working our flights and we are all together. I doubt we will have ability to hold our HNL, ANC, and other fun cities. :down: Just reality. And for all were told (You will never hold FRA/LGW/FCO/etc...) Without over 20 years. Its all I hear from time/to/time with my freinds in the east. :blink: Honestly, Not looking forward to more cold times in the northeast! Been there, dont that. Thanks though. :D

Are you kidding? Most of us can't wait to layover in Reno and Albquerque again. Plenty of former PSA types that still reside on the West Coast will be joining you just as soon as the gates are open for us.

Looking forward to flying with you. Oh and by the way Buffalo is a great city! Especially in the winter months.

However, once your senior fa's are working our flights and we are all together. I doubt we will have ability to hold our HNL, ANC, and other fun cities. :down: Just reality. And for all were told (You will never hold FRA/LGW/FCO/etc...) Without over 20 years. Its all I hear from time/to/time with my freinds in the east. :blink: Honestly, Not looking forward to more cold times in the northeast! Been there, dont that. Thanks though. :D
You dont need 20+ years to hold transatlantic flying. To hold a transatlantic block yes, you sure do need 20+ years.
However, flight attendants, regardless of seniority, can hold eureopean trips from the trade board and from daily scheduling.
And yes, i agree about the cold weather here in the northeast! Its getting old!

That's great if your young...I don't drink and I'm pretty much a "slam-clicker" after all my years doing this.

We've all been told on the West to dream on about Europe (and I have no desire to go there for work...did that for another airline back in the 80s...if I do go, it's on my own time) because we will never touch them.

I'm actually tired of doing the same cities over and over again. Every month, my layovers are PHL, BOS, JFK, YVR, SEA, SFO, DEN and DFW.

It would be nice to have international layovers for a change, but I don't want to move to Philly.

To hold a block of intl is senior... hell to hold a block at all is senior. But to do transatlantic and have the layovers you just need to be based in Philly.

No need to move to Philly, over 80% of the base commutes. Although Philly is a fantastic city (PHILLY not the little towns by the airport lol...)

To hold a block of intl is senior... hell to hold a block at all is senior. But to do transatlantic and have the layovers you just need to be based in Philly.

No need to move to Philly, over 80% of the base commutes. Although Philly is a fantastic city (PHILLY not the little towns by the airport lol...)
I always loved how the senior mamas would knock Philadelphia, the city that is. I would ask them if they have ever been downtown,and they all say NO. All they know is Essington and Chester! YO! THAT AINT PHILLY! Been here for almost a deacde and ive fallen in love with it. It really is a great place to call home. Just like im sure PHX,CLT,PIT,BOS,DCA,NYC and LAS are.

Exactly! These people think Tinicum is Philadelphia and the Lagoon is the center of it all. Most have never actually seen the city itself but feel its ok to bash it... but they'd go nuts if you uttered a word about Pittsburgh or Charlotte... sorry but neither of those cities are on the same level. Philly is a world class city... it just has a poorly set-up and run airport and hub carrier.