New Routes

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
When the West and East are one what new routes will become?

From PHL
SJC SNA PDX YVR SLC AUS SMF
From CLT
SNA PDX SLC SAT AUS OKC SMF
From PHX
BUF YYZ
From LAS
YYZ PVD

When the West and East are one what new routes will become?
From PHL
SJC SNA PDX YVR SLC AUS SMF
From CLT
SNA PDX SLC SAT AUS OKC SMF
From PHX
BUF YYZ
From LAS
YYZ PVD

Are these quesses? I'm in BUF and our new manager said it looks good for us to get PHX and LAS our of here.

Where are all the planes coming from to start these routes? Are there new planes coming in or are ther more rj's replacing mainline? just wondering.......

I was looking around on .com the other day and its looks like SAV is going RJ and BNA will be mostly RJ this summer. CLT LAX & SFO down to 3 flights a day. Im sure their are other RJS downgrades out there, i just have not had the patience to look on .com.

I was looking around on .com the other day and its looks like SAV is going RJ and BNA will be mostly RJ this summer. CLT LAX & SFO down to 3 flights a day. Im sure their are other RJS downgrades out there, i just have not had the patience to look on .com.

The summer schedule is not complete and has not been loaded yet. What you see in availability or on .com is the Jan/Feb schedule. Not saying that it wouldn't be similar, but what is out there now, is not final summer schedule.

All this and more could be achieved if they weren't getting rid of soo many airplanes! :down:

Let me try to explain this to all you with blinders on.

This company is going to outsource as much flying as possible to RJ's. They are not interested in becoming another Southwest. Notice SWA reported yet another year of profit as well as aggresive expanion with LARGE JETS to drive down their CASM cost. We are doing the opposite.

This airline will continue to shrink as more and more large jets are replaced with RJ's. The RJ's will feed mainline long haul and high density markets and handle the vast bulk of the short hauling. And long haul is not CLT-PHX. The only new jets you will see will be a smattering of Europe/Hawaii capable planes for the long haul work. This isn't going to be an LCC. It's going to be a hybrid utilizing as much outside lift, maintenance, and contract empolyees as possible.

New routes are not truly new when the jets that fly them are pulled from mainline as the RJ's fly our former routes (ie CLT-PHX). They are redeploying our lift as well as eliminating a substantial portion of it. Along with the employees needed to support those planes.

Wake up people. You are seeing the systematic dismantling of the USAirways and America West route structure as it is turned over to Mesa and everyone else. Just look at C concourse in CLT if you don't believe me.

pilot

Are these quesses? I'm in BUF and our new manager said it looks good for us to get PHX and LAS our of here.

BUF-PHX would surprise me as SW already has this route. Why pick out a route to go head-to-head when there are so many markets similar to BUF that don't have direct competition?