New Service

Every day, it seems that WN or CO or DL or B6 or somebody is announcing new service. Not US.

But the funny thing is that US has been starting lots of new service.

Between October and December, these new routes have been added: CLT-GUA, PHL-EWN/FAY/OAJ, PIT-BGM/ELM/ITH/SCE, BOS-ALB. :up:

But there has been no press release announcing any of it, even though some of the routes have already started. :down:

And that doesn't mention things like doubling frequency on FLL-KIN/SDQ, adding RJs to LGA-BWI/ORF/ROA, and lots of frequency additions in lots of markets.

But what good is adding the service if no one knows about it?

Now either someone in Tempe doesn't know about all this new service, or they don't care. Either way, somebody should do something about it. It's not that hard to issue a press release. And since they took them off of usairways.com, they only have to do it on one website. :rolleyes:

Every day, it seems that WN or CO or DL or B6 or somebody is announcing new service. Not US.

But the funny thing is that US has been starting lots of new service.

Between October and December, these new routes have been added: CLT-GUA, PHL-EWN/FAY/OAJ, PIT-BGM/ELM/ITH/SCE, BOS-ALB. :up:

But there has been no press release announcing any of it, even though some of the routes have already started. :down:

And that doesn't mention things like doubling frequency on FLL-KIN/SDQ, adding RJs to LGA-BWI/ORF/ROA, and lots of frequency additions in lots of markets.

But what good is adding the service if no one knows about it?

Now either someone in Tempe doesn't know about all this new service, or they don't care. Either way, somebody should do something about it. It's not that hard to issue a press release. And since they took them off of usairways.com, they only have to do it on one website. :rolleyes:

i was wondering if US was launching new service, as you said havent seen any press releases :(:(:(:(

Hopefully the approach Mr Parker and his Team takes is a little more assertive and proactive then the former US East..........advertising was done on interoffice memos and "Lotus" notes. Some of them in the Crystal Palace (Crystal Park Offices) continually showed they never grasped the ideas presented in Marketing101 or basic Advertising. Like I mentioned before the NEW USAirways has alot to offer the travelling public and with the Hawaiian routes as a prime example, if Scott Kirby wants us to wear a lei to publicize it, I WILL! There are so many ways to promote new products and services (Trump's "Apprentice" shows it every week) and whether you do it inhouse or hire a flashy ad agency, IT Pays Off in the End. Now if Mr Kirby wants me to wear a muumuu and play the ukelele I may have to decline the invitation. Like the Nike ad, "Just DO IT!"

The CLT-GUA service was sent out on a press release (The service is being pulled from FLL). The PIT service was also. I thought I read the articles about the PHL service, but not 100% on that.

I will see if I can find the link.

speaking of new routes: co announced new 752 service to cologne, germany today.
u typically announces new european destinations this time of year; but, alas, i am not holding my breath this year...afterall, us east folks are too wrapped up in our transatlantic service pride.
let's just generic down the entire operation! position transatlantic capable a/c on the routes with the lowest possible yields, i.e., hawaii.
the only press release i see in our future is: "stagnation! a global airline with a domestic vision. by the way, enjoy our new business class."

The CLT-GUA service was sent out on a press release (The service is being pulled from FLL). The PIT service was also. I thought I read the articles about the PHL service, but not 100% on that.

I will see if I can find the link.

No, some local papers and whatnot found the service on their own, and got Castleveter to comment on it, but US never issued any press releases. You'd be amazed at how many more news outlets would have picked it up if they had.

speaking of new routes: co announced new 752 service to cologne, germany today.
u typically announces new european destinations this time of year; but, alas, i am not holding my breath this year...afterall, us east folks are too wrapped up in our transatlantic service pride.
let's just generic down the entire operation! position transatlantic capable a/c on the routes with the lowest possible yields, i.e., hawaii.
the only press release i see in our future is: "stagnation! a global airline with a domestic vision. by the way, enjoy our new business class."

I could not agree more... Hawaii??? four to six flights a day, c'mon stick those 757's to
Europe, SNN and GLA will have them next year but they can reach into mainland
europe too... I hope they do expand Europe shortly.. Are we an INTERNATIONAL airline
or just a Southwest.....????

Well, the new November service started today. No press release. :(

We'll see if the December routes get one.

And in January, we resume PIT-MBJ on Saturdays, and go to daily on FLL-MBJ. Let's see if that gets a press release. :rolleyes:

Again, I see a problem in Tempe. Either they don't know what's going on out east, or they just don't care. I guarantee there would've been press releases out the wazoo if they added a new spoke at LAS or PHX.

well, we won't have to worry about impotence and/or bias in media/press releases for new service for the forseeable future! per dp himself on today's webcast, no expansion.
how many times can you re-invent the wheel? ahh, who cares; we got money in the bank...

U will be flying Sat non-stop service BOS-PUJ in January. Did anybody know this?? Again, no press release. :down:

Latest posts