New UCLA media bias study out

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
The liberal bias of the mainstream media tilts so far left that any outlets not in that political lane, like the Drudge Report and Fox News Channel, look far more conservative than they really are, according to a UCLA professor's new book out next month.

"Media bias aids Democratic candidates by about 8 to 10 percentage points in a typical election. I find, for instance, that if media bias didn't exist, John McCain would have defeated Barack Obama 56 percent to 42 percent, instead of losing 53-46."

Perfect example of such bias:

Reactions: 3 people
This is the reason for the Progressive Left is crapping their collective pants.

They now have competition in the form of Fox News & Talk Radio. Fox News now has more viewers that MSNNBC, CNN & CNBC COMBINED!. Now that citizens are able to easily access alternative points of view we get the Tea Party and a pretty significant house claening in Congress.

The times they are a changing.

Reactions: 2 people
Either that or liberal/progressivs go on line as opposed to MSM to find tbe info as opposed to conservatives who seem to listen to FOX.

Reactions: 1 person
Either that or liberal/progressivs go on line as opposed to MSM to find tbe info as opposed to conservatives who seem to listen to FOX.

As a interesting side note, Libertarians (As in people who identify as such) have the highest on line presence as a percentage of total membership than any other political ideology.

Reactions: 1 person

You really need to seek help for your pathetic delusional mental issues.

liberal_idiot.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
And when I ask that I usually never get an answer. Funny how that works huh?

The interesting thing in all of this to me is that when forced to compete in the free market of ideas, concepts and ideologies, the Liberal/Progressive viewpoint FAILS.

Fox, like them or don't is a ratings dynamo, trouncing CNN, MSNC & CNBC combined.

Limbaugh, Hannity and the like trounced Air America to the point where is folded in a very short period of time.

NPR requires Government support to spew it's Government knows best philosophy.

Three examples of the how the Liberal/Progressive point of view is uncompetitive. NOW we fast forward to the last bastion of unchallenged, unabashed Liberalism. The Mainstream Media. They're also losing ratings to Fox. Now we get a study that states that those who perceived this bias were not right wing kooks but actually pretty astute as the results back up the perception.

The truth is the Liberal/Progressive agenda is getting the crap kicked out of it. The open question is how long will it take for this to show up at the ballot box? Judging from the last election, it seems to have started. Alas, one election does not a trend make.

So there is no other possible senerio? No other alternative explanations?

Must be nice to have all the answer that just happen to correspond with your POV.

So there is no other possible senerio? No other alternative explanations?

Must be nice to have all the answer that just happen to correspond with your POV.

Money talks and BS walks.

Well I'm open to an alternative theory and since one is not forthcoming I'm guessing you don't have one.

Trivia Question, The quote, "Money Talks & BS Walks" was recorded on tape during the ABSCAM investigation of several US Congress Critters. Who said it

The interesting thing in all of this to me is that when forced to compete in the free market of ideas, concepts and ideologies, the Liberal/Progressive viewpoint FAILS.

Fox, like them or don't is a ratings dynamo, trouncing CNN, MSNC & CNBC combined.

Limbaugh, Hannity and the like trounced Air America to the point where is folded in a very short period of time.

NPR requires Government support to spew it's Government knows best philosophy.

Three examples of the how the Liberal/Progressive point of view is uncompetitive. NOW we fast forward to the last bastion of unchallenged, unabashed Liberalism. The Mainstream Media. They're also losing ratings to Fox. Now we get a study that states that those who perceived this bias were not right wing kooks but actually pretty astute as the results back up the perception.

The truth is the Liberal/Progressive agenda is getting the crap kicked out of it. The open question is how long will it take for this to show up at the ballot box? Judging from the last election, it seems to have started. Alas, one election does not a trend make.
All that diatribe Coming from the house "Libertarian" that has never met a liberal thought that he agreed with and a republican candidate that he wouldn't support. My guess is that you continue to call yourself that so you can always say "I told you so, that was not my guy"!

Keep shouting at the mirror. :rolleyes:

All that diatribe Coming from the house "Libertarian" that has never met a liberal thought that he agreed with and a republican candidate that he wouldn't support. My guess is that you continue to call yourself that so you can always say "I told you so, that was not my guy"!

Keep shouting at the mirror. :rolleyes:

Personally I love consistency. Just as soon as you can't refute the argument you attack, insult and seek to discredit those who pose the question. Hey it's not my fault that in the free market of Ideas & Concepts that your side is losing listeners/viewers. It's also not my fault that one of the top universities in the US has called the media biased, something many of us have known for years. Now it's official.

I'm a Ron Paul guy all the way, Have been since 1988 when he ran as a Libertarian. Keep in mind that with the possible exception of Reagan we haven't had a POTUS that I wouldn't define as Liberal since before FDR.

Latest posts