New Uniform Alterations

Squonk

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
I recently went to Men's Warehouse for uniform alterations. First surprise was that Mens Warehouse would not accept the 25.00 gift certificate towards alterations. The certificate clearly states that it could not be used for this purpose. This supposedly was resolved where Mens Warehouse would accept the certificate for alterations, "NOT".

The Mens Warehouse representative then advised me that I had to pay for the alterations in full before they would perform the surgery on my uniforms. Reluctantly,I paid the clerk in full. The good news is, the company will reimburse you for the cost of alterations. The bad news is, you have to complete and submit an expense report, then wait up to 2 or 3 months to be reimbursed!

Wouldn't it have made sense for Mens Warehouse & Twin Hill to have set up a program where the uniform alteration charges would have been either included in a contract with LCC or bill LCC when services were provided?

Then again, we are living the dream and I guess I can't be surprised at the arrangements made.

The employees should not have to pay out of their pockets up front for a mandated uniform change.

What say y'all?

I say we are still...

Why couldn't the company be billed directly for the alterations?

2+ months is plane rediculus.it should be more like a week, maybe 2 weeks.

TWIN HILL is a joke. Some where in the negotations they had to know how many pieces of said uniforms would be needed. Months went into planning , deciding what to manufacture. Finally they said LETS ORDER that was last NOV. I was one of the first to get measured and ordered in early NOV. I got most of my uniforms in JAN. I dropped few lbs and had to send the slacks back. That was Feb 25 and I called yesterday the rep from TWIN HILL said my slacks were back ordered until MAY. Would one not think that majority of the males in the system would be either 28-30-32-34-36-38. The rep went on to say majority of the uniforms were ready to ship but they were holding them. Why would they be HOLDING uniforms? By the time we get the uniforms we will be merged with SOMEONE.

I got my money back on the my next paycheck after submitting my expense report. I used an automated form in the crew room in PHX, it took about 1 minute to complete :up: , the guy printed it out for me and took care of the rest. :up: I was very satisified with this.

TWIN HILL is a joke. Some where in the negotations they had to know how many pieces of said uniforms would be needed. Months went into planning , deciding what to manufacture. Finally they said LETS ORDER that was last NOV. I was one of the first to get measured and ordered in early NOV. I got most of my uniforms in JAN. I dropped few lbs and had to send the slacks back. That was Feb 25 and I called yesterday the rep from TWIN HILL said my slacks were back ordered until MAY. Would one not think that majority of the males in the system would be either 28-30-32-34-36-38. The rep went on to say majority of the uniforms were ready to ship but they were holding them. Why would they be HOLDING uniforms? By the time we get the uniforms we will be merged with SOMEONE.

:down: Look who they are doing business with.....

I got my money back on the my next paycheck after submitting my expense report. I used an automated form in the crew room in PHX, it took about 1 minute to complete :up: , the guy printed it out for me and took care of the rest. :up: I was very satisified with this.

Well that is peachy. glad it worked out for you. If the company is going to pay you back, why do you have to take money out of pocket? A lot of folks can't afford to take ANY money out of THEIR pockets for unplanned expenses such as this. :down:

Well that is peachy. glad it worked out for you. If the company is going to pay you back, why do you have to take money out of pocket? A lot of folks can't afford to take ANY money out of THEIR pockets for unplanned expenses such as this. :down:

You have always had to pay for alterations up front and then get reimbursed by the company...It's Always been that way... :blink:

TWIN HILL is a joke. The rep went on to say majority of the uniforms were ready to ship but they were holding them. Why would they be HOLDING uniforms?

Maybe usair has not paid in full for the uniforms. Wouldn't you hold back too? There are so many vendors from both bks that have been left holding the bag and were paid pennies on the dollar for their services and supplies and I would not be surprised if some were forced out of business. It is just business as usual for usair. Just how many Golden Parachutes will be subsidized??!!

That was pretty quick :huh: .....I thought that you had to submit your original receipts (hard copy) along with your expense form? I know that the SPV office here in PHL crewroom gathers all claims along with original receipts and co-mail them to Tempe to be approved. The entire process takes up to 3 pay periods, and since pay claims are only re-imbursed on the 15th paycheck, that's why it can take up to 3 months depending on when in the month the claim is sent and processed. In the past, you were cut a check whenever the claim was processed! :up:

I recently went to Men's Warehouse for uniform alterations. First surprise was that Mens Warehouse would not accept the 25.00 gift certificate towards alterations. The certificate clearly states that it could not be used for this purpose. This supposedly was resolved where Mens Warehouse would accept the certificate for alterations, "NOT".

Another issue that may come up soon is that the Men's Wearhouse coupons we were all given expire on April 30, 2008. Gotta start using them or they will be no good soon!