New United Livery?

UnitedChicago

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Well this is my third reincarnation after getting too wrapped up with the board. It's been a nice 6 month break. Now that things have settled down a bit - I thought that I'd post someting.

So...first and foremost - happy new year to all! And thank you all for great service in 2003. I am completely loving the wireless connect in the Red Carpet Club!

Anywho - anyone know when UA will enveil their new livery? I think the Ted paint job is pretty slick. I think they finally figured out how to put the U on the tail!

And to all the fine folks at US Airways - good luck and hang in there. Haven't had the pleasure yet to take advantage of the code share. I look forward to it!

Welcome back, United Chicago!! I always enjoyed your intelligent, informative and articulated posts. In the future, please don't run for cover when blabbering idiots run amuck on this board, but I do understand how you feel.

uanew1.jpg

I hear it's debuting on Feb 12 on a 777. I like it

If picture is anything close to what the real version is planned to be, this boy likes!

Any clue is this 777 out of the desert?

Hey Fly:

Where did you get that graphic from? Did that come from Skynet and is that the official new livery? There are several "experimental" liveries floating around on the airline boards...just wondering.

Busdrvr said:
From another web board
LOL. Again, that's me.

I'm the United paint job whore...

I've got pretty strong confirmation that it's not eurowhite, however, and is closest to the 777 with all the blue.

Reportedly it will debut on a 777 and CRJ Feb. 12, the same day as Launch-day for Ted.

However, some people think Feb. 2, being the first monday in Feb., will be the day.

I for one think it doesnt make sense to have Ted and the new paint on the same day.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new livery (it does look like JBLU) but...who pays for the new paint job and how is this a justified expenditure considering the current state of UAL? This stuff ain't cheap.

V1 <_<

V1rotate, when airlines change their paint schemes, they wait until scheduled repainting before changing an aircraft to the new livery. That way there is no additional cost for the new paint job; it was work that needed to be done anyway. That's why you see so many aircraft in the old livery when an airline is switching to a new one.

Well, when you consider that we stopped painting aircraft over three years ago, many of our aircraft need necessary painting, so this is probably as good a time as any to do it. And it's not unusual for companies coming out of bankruptcy to re-brand themselves with new logos and/or liveries, etc. I have not seen the new livery but have heard it closely resembles the Ted livery in terms of layout. I'd be surprised if they launched it Feb. 12, though. I agree that might take away from Ted. I would think UA would rather debut the new livery closer to our exit from bankruptcy to help signify a new chapter for the airline. Just my two cents...