New US Gates at MIA

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Per AA duty manager at MIA this morning:

US is moving from their two gates in the J concourse to gates in AA's D Concourse in the North Terminal Complex. Initially they will have two dedicated gates towards the west end of the concourse near Eagle gates D60.

MIA is a small station for US, no US Club and only a handful of flights to CLT and PHL, nothing to PHX as of yet but AA serves that route 2x daily 738. AA currently has 3x daily 738 to PHL, while CLT is all Eagle.

Josh

What a shame, MIA used to be a crew base for Piedmont, and a mini-hub, we had the whole F pier I think and another row of gates.

When I got hired in TPA, I went to MIA for my ID's and paperwork.

We even had a small "hangar" in MIA for the F28 light maintenance checks because we had the Florida Shuttle which accounted for 32% of Piedmont's gross revenue.

A friend's father started it for Piedmont.

Reactions: 1 person
AA used to be a lot more active in PHL-MIA and PHL-SJU was an AA Premier route for many years. It's likely that PHL and CLT will have significantly more service (Hub to Hub Feed) to MIA as the merger gets underway and US dissolves into AA.

AA used to be a lot more active in PHL-MIA and PHL-SJU was an AA Premier route for many years. It's likely that PHL and CLT will have significantly more service (Hub to Hub Feed) to MIA as the merger gets underway and US dissolves into AA.

I would agree. PHL-SJU was axed when AA finally gave up on the SJU hub, but it looks like US flies it three times daily. AA's presence at SJU is very small compared to a few years ago - as B6 took over as the large carrier to SJU with its very low costs.

I just saw on A.net that PHX-FLL will get reduced and PHX-MIA will start October 27

What a shame, MIA used to be a crew base for Piedmont, and a mini-hub, we had the whole F pier I think and another row of gates.

We even had a small "hangar" in MIA for the F28 light maintenance checks because we had the Florida Shuttle which accounted for 32% of Piedmont's gross revenue.

F "Pier" or Concourse was PanAm, I do remember Piedmont having a mini concourse east of "H" Concourse with the jetbridges at ground level, and using the gates on the east side of "H".

I just saw on A.net that PHX-FLL will get reduced and PHX-MIA will start October 27

This was loaded into the US schedule several weeks ago - I don't think it's a merger-related change. AA already flies two daily PHX-MIA flights, one in the morning and one redeye. This will give AA three daily flights. I expect that in the days following the merger's official approval and effectiveness, there will be numerous schedule changes loaded.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone know if these plans are on hold pending the DOJ suit? I will be in Miami again next week and will ask.

Josh

looks like the US PHX-MIA is being postponed.
http://airlineroute.net/2013/08/28/us-phxmia-w13update2/

looks like the US PHX-MIA is being postponed.
http://airlineroute....mia-w13update2/

Great news... US gave that route up back in 2006. Then AA picked it up a few months later.

No worries though; if the merger does not go through, then US does not want to compete head to head with AA. We promised our consumers that we wont ever engage in competition. Mergers is what'it's-all-about. Besides, it would defeat the purpose of having had this one night stand.

We'll be buddies with AA regardless, maybe we'll be f-buddies in the end - same terminals and all.

Screw Star Alliance

:)

they must of had us confused.. had a nice little yougurt this AM out of JFK... and a fruit dish and begal, must of thought we were an AA or AWA crew.

Any update? US is still operating from South Terminal J concourse. Latest I heard last week is the plan is now for US to move to the E gates in North Terminal, those are the older unrenovated gates.

Josh

Latest posts