New Usairways Flts

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
I'm sure this is asked over and over, so sorry, but I never really get a straight answer. Maybe someone can help now that things are approved.

I now have to take a flight to a city the old US doesn't serve, but the new US does. It will be in the next few weeks--maybe end of Sept maybe beginning of October. I am a Chairmans Preferred on US (the highest level) and I could go on a UA codeshare but would rather give the $$$ to the new US. It seems silly that the new US would want to lose out on this revenue.

When am I going to be able to book HP flts through the US Chairmans Preferred desk and use my FF number without having to open a FlightFund account and later merge the accounts? I don't even mind calling HP res to book the flight and then later get credit on DM account for the flight--I just don't want to have to open a Flight Fund account for various reasons. One is that I have already qualified for Chairman's for next year and I will have carry over miles and no one is sure if miles from FlightFund will go towards that carryover.

US1YFARE said:
I'm sure this is asked over and over, so sorry, but I never really get a straight answer. Maybe someone can help now that things are approved.

I now have to take a flight to a city the old US doesn't serve, but the new US does. It will be in the next few weeks--maybe end of Sept maybe beginning of October. I am a Chairmans Preferred on US (the highest level) and I could go on a UA codeshare but would rather give the $$$ to the new US. It seems silly that the new US would want to lose out on this revenue.

When am I going to be able to book HP flts through the US Chairmans Preferred desk and use my FF number without having to open a FlightFund account and later merge the accounts? I don't even mind calling HP res to book the flight and then later get credit on DM account for the flight--I just don't want to have to open a Flight Fund account for various reasons. One is that I have already qualified for Chairman's for next year and I will have carry over miles and no one is sure if miles from FlightFund will go towards that carryover.
[post="302132"][/post]​
I believe you can book those reservations on "Day 1", which as of right now is set for Sept. 27th. ON that day, both www.americawest.com and www.usairways.com will point ot a "new" website.

rjh said:
I believe you can book those reservations on "Day 1", which as of right now is set for Sept. 27th. ON that day, both www.americawest.com and www.usairways.com will point ot a "new" website.
[post="302178"][/post]​

yah, but see the website that I was referred to....

US1YFARE said:
yah, but see the website that I was referred to....
[post="302179"][/post]​

The way I read it was that it didn't matter which airline you flew, both would be honored after the merger....?? You'll have to make up your own mind, but I would call AWA res and ask. They should have received material on this as they should be prepared to answer questions about the merger.

I agree ..the article reads to me that you can earn/use miles for both airlines:

-Members of both Dividend Miles and FlightFund will be able to earn and redeem miles throughout our combined route network

-Miles and segments earned in 2005 will count towards either Dividend Miles Preferred or FlightFund Elite status

Until 2006, they will operate 2 programs--in 2006, FF will be converted to Dividend Miles. If you have miles in both programs, the FF miles will be added to your Dividend Miles.

But call flightfund for the expert opinion :)

Do yall think they will service new cities like in the middle of the U.S. :lol:
Like SAT, AUS, TUL, BTR, GPT, etc... because I heard they might start service to some of these cities and if already there expand.

Adam4848 said:
Do yall think they will service new cities like in the middle of the U.S. :lol:
Like SAT, AUS, TUL, BTR, GPT, etc... because I heard they might start service to some of these cities and if already there expand.
[post="302272"][/post]​
I don't think there's any expansion plans right now--which is good, we need to concentrate on integrating the 2 airlines first. HP does already fly to SAT & AUS, but I don't know if US does.

"HP does already fly to SAT & AUS, but I don't know if US does"

No they (edited- meaning US) no longer serve either of those cities.

Thanks for the reply, but do yall think when they do merge they will expand or just stick to the routes they have now?

Adam4848 said:
Thanks for the reply, but do yall think when they do merge they will expand or just stick to the routes they have now?
[post="302463"][/post]​
They will expand eventually, but for now I believe they will stick to the routes we have.

Adam4848 said:
[post="302463"][/post]​

Adam,

The whole point of this merger is to consolidate and downsize. HP (Doug Parker) has always said the airline industy needs to consolidate in order to bring down capacity and move yields upwards. That line of thinking does not bode well for any expansion in the near future until yields starts to move up. So for right now, you'll see more downsizing than expansion.