New Year's Resolutions

FlightChic

Veteran
Feb 18, 2007
Just curious, what are everybody's New Year's Resolutions? Isn't it funny how each year we all say we are going to do this or that or change this habit or that and by February all motivation is gone. I guess the difference between the losers and the winners is that the winners keep at it even when they don't feel like it while the losers quit. Overall 2008 was good for me. It wasn't great, it definitely could have been better, but it was OK. It was definitely an emotional rollercoaster but I'm trying to focus on the good and not the bad. I started grad school, began saving all of my money for school and for a house and of course going on A scale helped, I finally got to transfer to CLT, I learned a lot about web design and created some really cool websites, and made a couple of major life decisions. So I guess my resolutions for this year are to learn as much as I can through school, continue with my webdesign endeavors, teach online (next year), finish saving for a house, stop taking certain people for granted, and get over some personal issues/obstacles. Anybody else wish to share?

Last year was to quit smoking. Success came with some weight gain. So, this years resolution is to take off the pounds. Increase my savings is another major goal this year.

Happy New Year!

My biggest resolution: take care of the rest of my debt (including car payments)! If there's one thing I've learned it's that being in debt while working for an airline, especially in economic times like these, is not too good. So far I've gone from over 20k in the hole to a little over 10k and working on the rest.

Also losing a little weight, at least 20 lbs would be nice.

I used to be an avid exerciser but really got away from it. My elliptical trainer and treadmill are clothes hangers in my basement. I've been rearranging my work out area and have decided to start my day with 10 minutes on one of the machines and 25 sit ups on my stability ball. Just set the alarm 10 minutes early, stagger past the coffee maker and hit the "on" button, then slide on tennis shoes.
Did it yesterday as a warm up and then again today...my official start date. I used to think if i didn't exercise for a 1/2 hour or more, I shouldn't bother but I saw this woman on TV that only did 5 minutes a day with push ups and sit ups and gained muscle, lost inches off her waist and dropped a pants size....
I think this is a goal I can live with....maybe next month or next year I'll get up to 20 minutes but for now, 10 is what I'm doing......Happy New Year and Good Luck to all in 2009 !!!!

Here's my New Years Resolution
1. Get hired at an Airline again (Except Mesa or Regional Scabs)* Unless with Valium Provided.
2. Save up 5Gs from now to June 1st.
3. Pay off all debt (Look at #2)
4. Graduate with a 3.0 GPA (2.96 right now)
5. Get my 6 Pack Back (Stopped working out in March yet YV isn't obese :) )
6. Secure Study Abroad Internship for Summer.
7. Visit the following Countries/Places and stay for one week or more in each
-TLV Israel
-ATH Greece
-SIN Singapore
-SYD Australia
-PVG China (If we actually ever fly there)

Well I've never been one to make resolutions but in the next year I'd like to do the following:

• Go back to school
  • Stay smoke-free (8 days so far)
  • Try this "non-revving" thing everyone keeps talking about
  • Go back to the gym

2008 wasn't all that awesome but here's hoping for good times in 2009. Just keep smiling.

767smile.jpg

I don't make New Year's resolutions anymore. I wasn't rigorously honest enough with myself when making them to actually keep them. Knowing that, I now make the exact same resolution at the start of every day. And so far, it's worked for 462 days in a row.

On another subject, I've lost 75 lbs since leaving US, and I'd like to lose another 26 by mid-summer. Again, that's not a resolution but a continuation of a new way of daily living for me. I got tired of feeling like Jabba the Hut.

2008 was one heck of a year for me but I survived to blog about it! I finished my third college degree while flying and keeping up with my three small children and all their activities. Sadly, my dear Dad passed away in March and was unable to be at my graduation. I know that he would have been pleased with his gypsy child who never really had any serious academic ambitions. I got a plum position at a level one trauma hospital who paid for my schooling in full. What I have learned is that there is more than one way to achieve your dreams and you truly create your own luck and opportunities. I'm on voluntary furlough until May 1st at which time I will return unless the company offers an extension. I'll continue to drop to 40 which equals about 8 days of flying and I'll apply for all monthly leaves when available. This allows me to maintain full benefits, seniority, and time to get away occasionally. I might transfer to PHL to fly a few transatlantic trips--I miss those! I'd love to work the new Tel-Aviv and Beijing when they come. My goal in 2009 is to enjoy every moment and to live well. Cheers!