News on FA Recall?

This recall was an inverse assignment from the start. Everyone got a letter but I am not sure of the numbers.

The March 5th E-Line seems to differ with your statement.
March 5th E-Line

They are treating this as 2 seperate recalls even though they can't get enough people off the initial one. I stand corrected. A moot point anyway since they will be in assignment mode almost off the bat anyway with these numbers. Thanks for pointing that out.

How did they notify you? By e-mail or call...?
What did the notification letter say?
Sorry for the delay. I called Rick in PHX. From what I found out today, they went through and came back up to assign. One young lady is there classes after me was assigned. Not to many ppl between she and I. My class was cut in half years ago.

Sorry for the delay. I called Rick in PHX. From what I found out today, they went through and came back up to assign. One young lady is there classes after me was assigned. Not to many ppl between she and I. My class was cut in half years ago.

WoW! I wouldn't be surprised if they started recalling voluntaries!

BTW (for beachboy fyi) they had consolidted this recall and if you did not accept you had to choose your base for assign mode and/or resign ... Only one letter went this time.

Also West FAs had to choose either accept recall or resign. They would regain their original seniority once we combine contracts ... if THAT ever happens.

Won't be surprising to be hiring before you know it!

[
Won't be surprising to be hiring before you know it!
[/quote]

Not to rain on anyone's parade...but I would not be surprised if they didn't furlough again. The company was already overstaffed and in shambles, now fuel is $110 a barrel and we aren't making money. Not to mention the other carriers are parking airplanes and cutting capacity. After the past 2 years i'd welcome another furlough from this place!

WoW! I wouldn't be surprised if they started recalling voluntaries!
GREAT...I can picture it now...all those voluntary furloughs that took the 10K buy-out will come back because they found out the grass is not greener on the other side......they'll be at the bottom but still act like they have their old seniority......can you say U-G-L-Y ???

Can I just issue a "for your information" here?

Make sure you have some other marketable skill that will feed you, because US isn't going to. You are being recalled to probably be threatened furlough in late September. It probably won't happen because they'll offer month to month leaves but it's a tough way to live.

Read carefully this board, I don't remember the thread but of all of the dismal reserve threads the one about PHL taxi drivers has to be the most repelling of the bunch. It's not just US and how they treat reserves, it's the world too.

And if you have any kind of offspring, be it a baby, dog or parakeet, think hard. Really hard. This is a company that is actively driving away longtime customers, how do you think they are going to treat you?

You are most welcome, but really, this place should come with a warning.