Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Latest Conspiracy:

Merger of AA and American Eagle

Excerpt from the
AMR RECOVERY PLAN
TWU PARTICIPATION TERM SHEET

The Company and the TWU agree to develop and provide labor protective provisions (“LPPâ€￾) to TWU-represented employees to insure a fair and equitable merger integration process in the event of a full or partial merger of American Airlines, AMR, or any of AMR’s subsidiaries, corporate affiliates or substantial divisions.

http://www.twuatd.org/aarestructure/Recove...mSheetfinal.htm

----------------
On 5/10/2003 1:27:29 AM RV4 wrote:

Latest Conspiracy:

----------------​

I see "fair & equitable" would have to be a Conspiracy. Just think though, if Eagle were merged then they too would be participating in the "shared sacrifice" you were so concerned about in earlier posts.

----------------
On 5/10/2003 9:26:45 AM Duditz wrote:

----------------
On 5/10/2003 1:27:29 AM RV4 wrote:

Latest Conspiracy:

----------------

I see "fair & equitable" would have to be a Conspiracy. Just think though, if Eagle were merged then they too would be participating in the "shared sacrifice" you were so concerned about in earlier posts.

----------------​
The TWU and "Fair and Equitable" are a known PARADOX.

Talk to the 3400+ AA/TWU Employees being RIF'd about what happens when the TWU implements fair and equitable Labor Protection Provisions! Believe me, I now understand why Eagle was not included in the shared sacrifice, they are going to contribute soon.

Like I posted before Eagle will have to be stapled to the bottom of the list under the TWA people as TWA is already AA are they not? TWA always hears "we are all AA now so stop whining". Very interesting.

Eagle will continue to add RJ''s to their fleet.

We will compete with the Low Cost Carriers domestically with these RJ''s

Continue to feed our International routes which will be AA

----------------
I would have liked to have waited for my portion of shared sacrifice. Maybe, just maybe those at Eagle will take their appropriate percentage wage and benefit cuts to catch up with those of us that have already shared?

----------------​

You guys at AA have NO CLUE how little Eagle employees are paid. We have been ''sacrificing'' for the company ever since our inception. Most of our flight attendants barely break 20K/year, if they are lucky. Our most senior FO''s (7 years now) barely break 30K/year if they can pick up open time. Our most senior captains still make less than a second year Fokker FO at AA. The rampers? minimum wage plus a few.
How do you propose that Eagle take "their appropriate wage and benefit (what benefits??) cuts to CATCH UP???"

If anything you guys should be concerned with getting the wages and benefits UP at Eagle since it looks like more and more AA folks will be working here.

----------------
On 5/10/2003 9:45:02 AM Buck wrote:

I would have liked to have waited for my portion of shared sacrifice.  Maybe, just maybe those at Eagle will take their appropriate percentage wage and benefit cuts to catch up with those of us that have already shared?

----------------​

Trying to explain something to you is like trying to talk to a brick.

----------------
On 5/10/2003 12:23:52 PM LD max wrote:

----------------
I would have liked to have waited for my portion of shared sacrifice. Maybe, just maybe those at Eagle will take their appropriate percentage wage and benefit cuts to catch up with those of us that have already shared?

----------------​

You guys at AA have NO CLUE how little Eagle employees are paid. We have been ''sacrificing'' for the company ever since our inception. Most of our flight attendants barely break 20K/year, if they are lucky. Our most senior FO''s (7 years now) barely break 30K/year if they can pick up open time. Our most senior captains still make less than a second year Fokker FO at AA. The rampers? minimum wage plus a few.
How do you propose that Eagle take "their appropriate wage and benefit (what benefits??) cuts to CATCH UP???"

If anything you guys should be concerned with getting the wages and benefits UP at Eagle since it looks like more and more AA folks will be working here.

----------------​

Don/t leave out the mechanics. We make $23 after 12 years, and we are being told that the negotiations that we are currently in are being suspended for 2 years due to the company''s financial condition. How''s that for a "Shared Sacrifice"? To us it sounds like a hell of a worse deal than getting a 30% pay raise and giving 17.5% of it back like our "brothers" across the ramp.

----------------
On 5/10/2003 10:04:26 AM RV4 wrote:

Believe me, I now understand why Eagle was not included in the shared sacrifice, they are going to contribute soon.

----------------​

If we merged either Eagle mechanics would go to your pay and benefits or you would go to ours. If the former is true, it would be a huge step up for us, even post concessions. If the latter is true, you and Buck will get to see what a TRUE "sacrifice" is.

----------------

----------------

----------------​

----------------​
An old TWU quote: You knew what you were getting when signed on.

Just like the rest of us did. After all it is called Shared Sacrifice. I am a "B-scaler so I already have sacrificed. Then you have the "C-scale and the Junior Mechanic program and then finally the SRP/OSM debacle. Yes, you are under paid, but what do you expect from a company like this. The mechanics at Eagle have a an oppurtunity to change their representation, it is up to them.

----------------
On 5/10/2003 12:23:55 PM will fix for food wrote:

----------------
On 5/10/2003 9:45:02 AM Buck wrote:

I would have liked to have waited for my portion of shared sacrifice.  Maybe, just maybe those at Eagle will take their appropriate percentage wage and benefit cuts to catch up with those of us that have already shared?

----------------​

Trying to explain something to you is like trying to talk to a brick.

----------------​
Sometimes remarks are made to see just how people like you will respond.

----------------
On 5/10/2003 1:22:44 PM will fix for food wrote:

----------------
On 5/10/2003 10:04:26 AM RV4 wrote:

Believe me, I now understand why Eagle was not included in the shared sacrifice, they are going to contribute soon.

----------------​

If we merged either Eagle mechanics would go to your pay and benefits or you would go to ours. If the former is true, it would be a huge step up for us, even post concessions. If the latter is true, you and Buck will get to see what a TRUE "sacrifice" is.

----------------​
It appears that you are an advocate for the latter? Why not take a stand as an A&P Mechanic and your profession and use your skill to advance yourself. RV4 and I have been sacrificing since we hired on. But hey we knew what the job was when we hired in.

----------------
On 5/10/2003 1:14:46 PM will fix for food wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------​

----------------​

Don/t leave out the mechanics. We make $23 after 12 years, and we are being told that the negotiations that we are currently in are being suspended for 2 years due to the company''s financial condition. How''s that for a "Shared Sacrifice"? To us it sounds like a hell of a worse deal than getting a 30% pay raise and giving 17.5% of it back like our "brothers" across the ramp.

----------------​
It is up to the mechanics to make use of their union to better themselves. After all they are the union. If they are not happy, they need to change their outlook and or their representation. And it was 22% and a 17.5% cut for those at the top of the pay scale. Those mechanics at AA who were not topped out and were bumped to an OSM classification are taking a 36% paycut. So you are whining to the wrong person. Whine to your union representitive or the company itself.