Nice place to stay in Cleveland OH

AIRMAIL

Jan 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I have to go to Cleveland in a few weeks and was wondering where do the crews stay and is it downtown. I know a long time ago that the crews stayed at a very nice hotel. This was many years ago though. If someone knows of a better place that gives airline discounts please let me know. Thanks for your time and help!

I have to go to Cleveland in a few weeks and was wondering where do the crews stay and is it downtown. I know a long time ago that the crews stayed at a very nice hotel. This was many years ago though. If someone knows of a better place that gives airline discounts please let me know. Thanks for your time and help!

Get an airline rate near the airport. The Airport Rapid Transit (the Rapid) is a train that will take you downtown for about a dollar. Enjoy Cleveland, check out the lake, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Flats, the museums (stay on the Rapid it ends at the museums).

Get an airline rate near the airport. The Airport Rapid Transit (the Rapid) is a train that will take you downtown for about a dollar. Enjoy Cleveland, check out the lake, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Flats, the museums (stay on the Rapid it ends at the museums).

Agree with you on staying near the airport, downtown Cleveland is not the place to stay,and the airport rapid is tolerable but be careful.
The other places mentioned are ok but if you take the rapid all the way out to the end of van aken line there is a bus that will take you out to geauga lake amusement park. The lake is nice, but stay away from the Flats(lots of gangs, and trouble). One word of caution if you are in the city(or what is left of it) the streets are overrun by "apnhandlers" who are particul;arly violent, and will be in your face. Fofgot to mention the Art museum, and cultural gardens best seen in the daytime. As a native Cleveland is just a shadow of itself.

I don't think anyone will discuss where crews stay on a public forum. But as others have said it would be better near the airport.

If you’re really observant, you can see the crews get into the unmarked hotel vans after they have changed into their civilian clothes down in OPS.

Anyway, we’ve had more different hotels in CLE than any other place I can think of. Most were average. I would advise against the airport (Brookpark) area.

Downtown is no different than any other Midwestern city it’s size.

Enjoy the Flats! I’d recommend the Watermark, for seafood, but I understand it may be closed.

Latest posts