NMB Orders New Sim Tech Election

NYGiantsFan90

Corn Field
Oct 23, 2003
August 10, 2010

After a thorough investigation, the National Mediation Board (NMB) has unanimously concluded that Delta Air Lines illegally interfered with the February 2010 Flight Simulator Technician representation election and has ordered the election to be rerun.

“The Board found that Delta’s conduct interfered with, influenced, or coerced employees’ choice of representative in an election conducted pursuant to Section 2, Ninth of the Railway Labor Act (RLA).” The NMB’s complete decision can be viewed by clicking here.

The IAM’s complaints of interference included Delta promising raises on the first day of voting to only non-union workers and management conducting one-on-one meetings to influence workers.

The re-run election will be conducted using the NMB’s standard election procedure in place at the time of the IAM’s original election request filing. Therefore, any Flight Simulator Technician who does not vote in the election will be considered to have voted against union representation.

No election dates have been set yet.

All Flight Simulator Technicians should monitor this website for the latest election news.

August 10, 2010

After a thorough investigation, the National Mediation Board (NMB) has unanimously concluded that Delta Air Lines illegally interfered with the February 2010 Flight Simulator Technician representation election and has ordered the election to be rerun.

“The Board found that Delta’s conduct interfered with, influenced, or coerced employees’ choice of representative in an election conducted pursuant to Section 2, Ninth of the Railway Labor Act (RLA).” The NMB’s complete decision can be viewed by clicking here.

The IAM’s complaints of interference included Delta promising raises on the first day of voting to only non-union workers and management conducting one-on-one meetings to influence workers.

The re-run election will be conducted using the NMB’s standard election procedure in place at the time of the IAM’s original election request filing. Therefore, any Flight Simulator Technician who does not vote in the election will be considered to have voted against union representation.

No election dates have been set yet.

All Flight Simulator Technicians should monitor this website for the latest election news.
US agents won union representation on an interference rerun and had 75% of the contact negotiated all the wile the company appeal the decision to two appetite court and finally won. The election was voided. US agents had a rerun election in just 45 days and won representation again without a court appeal that would have taken months if not years. The company try to start all over again with negotiating after the union had 75% of the contract done. The union got a mediator and got back the signoff articles. MY POINT The union busting companies have a war chest of resources and support from all level of the companies and airline industry. We will see if they will challenge

Well you can be sure that HR, and the ATL GO has teams in place, and with a MAJOR plan to thwart the efforts of AFA and any other UNION.
They are sneaky, dishonest and underhanded ( to say the least ) and will stop at nothing!!! Good luck to all the women and men of Delta who so desperately want a Union representing them.

Well you can be sure that HR, and the ATL GO has teams in place, and with a MAJOR plan to thwart the efforts of AFA and any other UNION.
They are sneaky, dishonest and underhanded ( to say the least ) and will stop at nothing!!! Good luck to all the women and men of Delta who so desperately want a Union representing them.

The majority of people I work with at Delta, don't want a sneaky, dishonest and underhanded union representing them...................but thanks anyway ! :shock:

Sounds like southwind is talking about Delta, they were the ones found guilty of interference, not the union.

Delta Simulator Technicians to Remain Union-Free Simulator Technicians reject IAM representation for the second time this year

There were 91 flight simulator technicians eligible to vote in this election. Of those, 18 voted for IAM representation, with 23 other write-in votes.

Sim-techs are "sort of" like mechanics, and it's a foregone conclusion that DL AMT's will remain non-union.
HOWEVER,
I highly doubt that that will be the case with Fleet service, and the F/A's.

From what I'm hearing, DL's biggest "thing" with these two groups, is to make sure EVERYONE votes, signaling that the FSC's/F/A's are above listening to DL's horse manure/pamphleteering !

"Making sure Everyone Votes" Boy, what a difference a new "board member" makes huh ?

HYPOCRITS !!

Sim-techs are "sort of" like mechanics, and it's a foregone conclusion that DL AMT's will remain non-union.
HOWEVER,
I highly doubt that that will be the case with Fleet service, and the F/A's.

From what I'm hearing, DL's biggest "thing" with these two groups, is to make sure EVERYONE votes, signaling that the FSC's/F/A's are above listening to DL's horse manure/pamphleteering !

"Making sure Everyone Votes" Boy, what a difference a new "board member" makes huh ?

HYPOCRITS !!
How can you call those two board members Hypocrits ?( your misspelling not mine by the way) They are doing exactly what they were appointed to do.

How can you call those two board members Hypocrits ?( your misspelling not mine by the way) They are doing exactly what they were appointed to do.

A misunderstanding in the way I phrased the post, meaning I wasn't referring to the board members as hypocrites, but to DL for NOW telling everyone to vote, as opposed to the "old way", of hoping that as many people as possible didn't vote.

A misunderstanding in the way I phrased the post, meaning I wasn't referring to the board members as hypocrites, but to DL for NOW telling everyone to vote, as opposed to the "old way", of hoping that as many people as possible didn't vote.
except that the Supreme Court has ruled that, in elections for the initiation of union representation, companies CAN tell employees why they believe a non-union environment is better. That right of the company to speak did not change with the change in voting rules.
They cannot tell employees what to think or how to vote in a choice between existing unions.
Since there have been very few large representation elections outside of those at DL for the initial "placement" of a union, DL does indeed stand out in that it is able to and does comment on union elections.

Actually it has been ruled that the closed door mandatory meetings airlines make their employees attend during an election is interference.

And the UAL CSA and RES election back in the late 90s was one of the largest elections ever, so it has been done before.