NO FLIGHT ATTENDANT FURLOUGHES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 100% mathematically possible, and 100% probable.
wrong

We are pay protected for cancelations and if our flights are delayed the trip is bought from you. From what I hear the almighty AA doesn't have those simple and basic protections.
You hear wrong.

That would be the reason why you can't possible make as much as we can. Can you fly in from a 2 day LHR and turn out the sameday back to ATH? We can and if we are late, delayed, and/or canceled. The trip is protected!
Turns out you cannot either, but why would you even want to.

We bid lines,not a PBS sysytem like our pilots switched to
I see, so basically you do not build a line, you bid for pre-constructed lines?

we have PBS at this time for Flight Attendant, it took a little time becoming familiar during the initial phase.. but after getting the hang of it,
find it to be a great bidding system, it is very specific.

(hopefully we will have that going forward.. but due to our merger, there are two types at each airline and they havent really announced what will be the bidding system for future line construction.)

I see, so basically you do not build a line, you bid for pre-constructed lines?

we have PBS at this time for Flight Attendant, it took a little time becoming familiar during the initial phase.. but after getting the hang of it,
find it to be a great bidding system, it is very specific.

(hopefully we will have that going forward.. but due to our merger, there are two types at each airline and they havent really announced what will be the bidding system for future line construction.)
We actually have a side letter in our contract that prohibits PBS from being implemented in our FA contract.Our pilots switched over and they seem very unhappy with the system they have(there are many variations from what I understand) and partiallt based on this,the IAM came out with this side letter.CAL already gets maximum productivity from the FA's already.

We actually have a side letter in our contract that prohibits PBS from being implemented in our FA contract.Our pilots switched over and they seem very unhappy with the system they have(there are many variations from what I understand) and partiallt based on this,the IAM came out with this side letter.CAL already gets maximum productivity from the FA's already.
oh..

the system must be able to be programmed based on a particular workgroup.

to be quite honest.. I have not heard any complaints recently with PBS. it was a challenge at first adapting to a new change, but we had mock bidding for several months prior to the implementation..becoming familiar with the system.. we had previously used what was called SLIC and we had to actually type in a bid. the new system just seems easier now.. of course after navigating through the system and getting used to it.

it is very surprising to read there is an actual side letter that prohibits a bidding system!

the more I have learned about the bidding system.. the more I like the fact how it tailors a line unique to an individual request. you can actually request time off to the minute. it has so many options.

oh..

the system must be able to be programmed based on a particular workgroup.

to be quite honest.. I have not heard any complaints recently with PBS. it was a challenge at first adapting to a new change, but we had mock bidding for several months prior to the implementation..becoming familiar with the system.. we had previously used what was called SLIC and we had to actually type in a bid. the new system just seems easier now.. of course after navigating through the system and getting used to it.

it is very surprising to read there is an actual side letter that prohibits a bidding system!

the more I have learned about the bidding system.. the more I like the fact how it tailors a line unique to an individual request. you can actually request time off to the minute. it has so many options.
I don't know enough about the PBS system our CO pilots have,but from what I've heard from them,it doesn't honor seniority completely,reduces vacation credit time somehow and a few other major things,with little or no open time.Thats what happens when you sign a CBA with blank pages to be filled in later.The pilots feel snookered because CAL said all groups had to agree to concessions or else,they blinked,even though we(FA's) turned down the first TA(No thanks to the pathetic attempt from the IAM to ram it down our throats from the IAM,but I digress).hence the consternation with the FA's.

As a pilot once explained their system to me,its like getting a menu at a restaurant,and telling the waiter what you dont want, and hope they bring you something you like.PBS can be good I suppose,as long as certain parameters are set. CAL already milks us cows dry so they already have the productivity they need.

Supposedly UA was to implement it for their FA's,but their work rules were too complex for it to be used.

It is 100% mathematically possible, and 100% probable. It's done every single month by our high time flying, maxed out flight attendants. Also according to the harrassing PM's featherorleather has sent me, he doesn't work for Continental but Delta. If you would like I can post each and every single one...... Oh and by the way FAmikey, by all means PM me, and I can send you a link to our contract and show you some schedules of our 6 figure people, or put you intouch with a few if you like. Since it's "highly improbable"..... :rolleyes:

Just a little side note.... We are pay protected for cancelations and if our flights are delayed the trip is bought from you. From what I hear the almighty AA doesn't have those simple and basic protections. That would be the reason why you can't possible make as much as we can. Can you fly in from a 2 day LHR and turn out the sameday back to ATH? We can and if we are late, delayed, and/or canceled. The trip is protected!
Oh how lucky you have it.... Come in from LHR and turn right around and go to ATH..... Thats great way to live.
Those poor pax...

I don't know enough about the PBS system our CO pilots have,but from what I've heard from them,it doesn't honor seniority completely,reduces vacation credit time somehow and a few other major things,with little or no open time.
it does seem to award most of the patterns, at first we were concerned that we would have basically no open time, but we have an open time and there is still a trade board!

when PBS was introduced it was really necessary to learn what each bid type meant. it appears complex but when you really study it, its very effective when taking into consideration it will build a schedule to the individuals preference. it does take some patience and learning but overall the schedules awards have given to me, nearly 90 percent of what I have asked for.. it is necessary to set parameters and then really utilize most if not all the lines, but its not a lot of typing as opposed to the other bidding system we had.. a friend of mine, who is actually senior to me.. did not know how to use PBS to its potential initially and was getting some interesting blocks/line and then blaming PBS for it! saying it was violating her seniority! taking a look at her bid, it was actually the way she was bidding!

believe me I really was not thrilled losing SLIC and changing to PBS because it was something we were just so used to.. but today, honestly, would not want to go back to SLIC!

As a pilot once explained their system to me,its like getting a menu at a restaurant,and telling the waiter what you dont want, and hope they bring you something you like.PBS can be good I suppose,as long as certain parameters are set.
that is exactly what I do! tell the computer everything I do not want to do or the days to avoid as the priority followed by pattern requests and time ranges! it seems to work doing that..

oh BTW!

Yay! for no Flight Attendants furloughs at CAL!

Since this thread seems to have wandered off into a bidding discussion, it is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts