No Free Coffee on US Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 'tipping' now encouraged?

That is what SkyBus did and with tipping, there is no 4 drink maximum... :up:

B) xUT

Always nice to see all is so perfect at Untied and NorDelda that they must stray over here and provide info that has been repeated over and over.

Seriously, right now Airways pays how many Hundreds of thosands of dollars monthly to purchase beverages? (non alcohol) Once people have to purcha$e them they will not want $omething that is not free! End result is purchase orders go down and the company WILL $ave millions yearly!

small retro Example: when Airways started charging for alcohol in coach on transatlantc back in the late 90's, the WINE kits alone went from 30-35 all the way down to 10-12 per 767! The Liquor went from 20-25 down to 5-10! Include ordering and storage which is the bulk of the cost, (LSG rapes this company after the Chap 11's with their agreement) that alone saved the company MILLIONS just on the wine and liquor side of things!

The US Airways Group will become the first major American airline to charge for coffee and sodas on Friday, though many passengers may still get free beverages.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/business...amp;oref=slogin

Pay coffee then how about to refill coffee for free or must pay again? :down:

Free coffee to pilots and flight attendants only?
diamondback , coffee will be $1 with free refills. its been posted on here many times. and yes working crewmembers and deadheading crew members are exempt from the charges .

of course the deadheads and working crews are but not the ramp agents who load the planes in stiffling heat or the super cold winters! I seen that notice had mentioned no more free complimentary drinks to airline agents from the crews as was customary. now they will have to put a new delay code--for Ramp Agents Need To Take Drinks to stay hydrated!!!!!!! LOL

of course the deadheads and working crews are but not the ramp agents who load the planes in stiffling heat or the super cold winters! I seen that notice had mentioned no more free complimentary drinks to airline agents from the crews as was customary. now they will have to put a new delay code--for Ramp Agents Need To Take Drinks to stay hydrated!!!!!!! LOL

I would never deny an agent a coffee at 5 am or a ramp agent a bottle of water in 90 degree weather. I don't think you have to worry about that unless you get that power tripping flight attendant. As far as I'm concerned, any employee in uniform is afforded free drinks when requested, but I don't work there any more.

Giving beverages to agents was never policy. In fact, I think it was prohibited. However, most of the flight attendants, having the empathy that management lacks, would offer these to the agents anyway. And on occasion I have happened upon agents "raiding" the bottled water supply out of the galley. I always turned a blind eye as I realize that we front line employees are all in this together and need to watch out for each other, despite the draconian, thoughtless policies of management.

I suspect this will continue until the company decides to hire a cadre of a security officers at millions of dollars per year to protect a few bottles of water from their thirsty employees. This would certainly be in keeping with Tempe's proclivity to leap past a $20 bill sitting on the ground to pick up a nickel.

Well, today is the BIG day! :lol: The day we have all been dreading. BTW, there was no information given out about this whole selling drinks thing until yesterday when I went to the crew room between flights and there was a table and f/a there who told us how it will work. I felt bad for her because all these other flight attendants were yelling at her like it was her fault that we're selling drinks. Geez. She is just a flight attendant like us, not management. Anyway, I would love to hear any reports. I will be flying today and tomorrow and I am dreading it because all the passengers have been complaining to me the last two days over the bag issue and seating and how bad US Airways sucks and now we get to add in selling drinks. Yay! What fun! I can't wait. Oh, and if you see me on an airplane today don't complain to me about US because I've been flying for waaayyyy too many days in a row and I'm tired and cranky and so you really don't want to go there. hehehe
I'll try and report tomorrow to let everyone know how it goes. I don't have my laptop with me on my trip.

thank you to the f/as who continue to support free drinks to agents in very hot rampers we do appreciate that a lot. in turn at least i know at our city we give free coffee and drinks to crew members who come into our break room. but mgmt will have to pay from today on!!!!!! LOL

thank you to the f/as who continue to support free drinks to agents in very hot rampers we do appreciate that a lot. in turn at least i know at our city we give free coffee and drinks to crew members who come into our break room. but mgmt will have to pay from today on!!!!!! LOL

I'm with you right there...stick it to the Management! Start charging them $1 for each cup of that craptastic coffee in the break rooms.

...and thank you to the FAs that continue to support employees who deadhead/commute/non-revenue around the US Airways system for whatsoever reasons, now that we're charging for Water and whatsoever.

So if a passenger throws a fits and refuses to pay, the FA doesn't have to charge them. This word gets around and everybody is going to be acting upset and refuse to pay. This is a PR nightmare. Why don't we just ask for donations to help our airline?
Drives me crazy... all this bad press. But hey we are #1 on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.