No leftist agenda from the Media

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Glowing endorsement

Still, there is a choice to be made, and it is an easy one. Senator John McCain of Arizona is the only Republican who promises to end the George Bush style of governing from and on behalf of a small, angry fringe. With a record of working across the aisle to develop sound bipartisan legislation, he would offer a choice to a broader range of Americans than the rest of the Republican field.In 2006, however, Mr. McCain stood up for the humane treatment of prisoners and for a ban on torture. We said then that he was being conned by Mr. Bush, who had no intention of following the rules. But Mr. McCain took a stand, just as he did in recognizing the threat of global warming early. He has been a staunch advocate of campaign finance reform, working with Senator Russ Feingold, among the most liberal of Democrats, on groundbreaking legislation, just as he worked with Senator Edward Kennedy on immigration reform.

That doesn’t make him a moderate, but it makes him the best choice for the party’s presidential nomination.

Best choice for the party's presidential nomination...

Mr. McCain, 71, and the lobbyist, Vicki Iseman, 40, both say they never had a romantic relationship. But to his advisers, even the appearance of a close bond with a lobbyist whose clients often had business before the Senate committee Mr. McCain led threatened the story of redemption and rectitude that defined his political identity.

It had been just a decade since an official favor for a friend with regulatory problems had nearly ended Mr. McCain’s political career by ensnaring him in the Keating Five scandal. In the years that followed, he reinvented himself as the scourge of special interests, a crusader for stricter ethics and campaign finance rules, a man of honor chastened by a brush with shame.

But the concerns about Mr. McCain’s relationship with Ms. Iseman underscored an enduring paradox of his post-Keating career. Even as he has vowed to hold himself to the highest ethical standards, his confidence in his own integrity has sometimes seemed to blind him to potentially embarrassing conflicts of interest.

Mr. McCain’s presidential campaign issued the following statement Wednesday night:

“It is a shame that The New York Times has lowered its standards to engage in a hit-and-run smear campaign. John McCain has a 24-year record of serving our country with honor and integrity. He has never violated the public trust, never done favors for special interests or lobbyists, and he will not allow a smear campaign to distract from the issues at stake in this election.

From glowing endorsement to character assassination from the same source.No leftist bias. :lol:

Glowing endorsement

Best choice for the party's presidential nomination...

Mr. McCain’s presidential campaign issued the following statement Wednesday night:

“It is a shame that The New York Times has lowered its standards to engage in a hit-and-run smear campaign. John McCain has a 24-year record of serving our country with honor and integrity. He has never violated the public trust, never done favors for special interests or lobbyists, and he will not allow a smear campaign to distract from the issues at stake in this election.

From glowing endorsement to character assassination from the same source.No leftist bias. :lol:

Did you actually take the time to read the entire article, or the Rush Limbaugh version?

It sounds as if you did not.

What is at issue is NYT putting him on a pedestal then kicking out the chair Tech.

NYT had the story BEFORE they gave the endorsement......No agenda here.

What is at issue is NYT putting him on a pedestal then kicking out the chair Tech.

NYT had the story BEFORE they gave the endorsement......No agenda here.

So the answer to my question is no. Turn off the talk radio and take the time to read and digest the article. The editor and writers also answered questions yesterday. You might want to look at those. But that, of course would be seeking the truth, which is not your M.O.

The link to the entire Q & A is here. I do suggest reading the entire original article first, then read this session. A portion of which is quoted below. Pay particular attention to the section I enhanced by bolding and underlining.

Q. Why did The New York Times strongly endorse Senator McCain to be the Republican Party nominee in January, if at the same time the paper was well aware of and continuing to investigate what it considered to be front-page, damaging, “un-presidential” charges?

A. The short answer is that the news department of The Times and the editorial page are totally separate operations that do not consult or coordinate when it comes to news coverage and endorsements or other expressions of editorial opinion. We in the newsroom did not speak to anyone at the editorial page about the story we were working on about Senator McCain. They did not consult us about their deliberations over endorsements of the presidential candidates. I’m the political editor, and the first I knew of the McCain endorsement (and of the endorsement of Hillary Clinton on the Democratic side) was when I read them in the newspaper. In all of our internal discussions about the news story subsequent to the endorsement, I do not recall anyone bringing it up....

(As an aside, I think it’s fair to say that most of our political reporters would prefer that the paper not endorse candidates. Endorsements inevitably create the perception among some voters that The Times is backing a candidate on an institutional level, leaving those of us on the news side to explain over and over that our coverage is not influenced by what our colleagues on the editorial page write.)

So the answer to my question is no. Turn off the talk radio and take the time to read and digest the article. The editor and writers also answered questions yesterday. You might want to look at those. But that, of course would be seeking the truth, which is not your M.O.

The link to the entire Q & A is here. I do suggest reading the entire original article first, then read this session. A portion of which is quoted below. Pay particular attention to the section I enhanced by bolding and underlining.

I read it dude.....they can say what they want and you can listen to what you want to hear....but nothing goes down at a paper without the editors approval and they have an agenda.

What is FOX's agenda by letting O'Reilly talk about lynching Ms. Obama? Before you answer, you are aware that Mr Bush said that there is never a good time to use that term, even in jest. And yes, O'Reilly did say that he would go on a lynching party if certain conditions were met.

Original Quote:

“I don’t want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama unless there’s evidence, hard facts, that say this is how the woman really feels. If that’s how she really feels — that America is a bad country or a flawed nation, whatever — then that’s legit. We’ll track it down.â€

Bush's quote:

"The noose is not a symbol of prairie justice, but of gross injustice," the president said. "Displaying one is not a harmless prank, and lynching is not a word to be mentioned in jest."

Bush: Nooses, Lynching Jokes 'Deeply Offensive'

Don't mean to wee wee in your Wheaties Gar,but I don't get the dreaded FOX NEWS....besides,I don't care for O'reilly
Even though I don't get FOX NEWS,Karl Rove calls every weekend to give me the latest... :blink: