No Longer On The Brink. Aa Still In Peril

That's the scuttlebutt. Come May, AMR is scheduled to start moaning again to labor that they need more wage concessions in order to compete. They aren't going to stop until everyone is ten bucks an hour or less.

WingNaPrayer said:
jimntx said:
NY Times Article
Next time just cut and paste the story. No one wants to sign up for the NYTimes spam machine!
Actually, the reason I subscribe to the NY Times email service is the LACK of spam resulting. Also, popup ads are rare when I'm accessing the site. I tried the Dallas Morning News website, but with my dial-up connection I couldn't get anything done with the constant pop-up advertising that goes along with their website. Also, they sold my email address to every half-baked retailer and their dog that ever ran an ad in that paper.

May want to verify, but I believe that the $21B includes aircraft leases which are a form of debt. If that is the case, a rose by any other name, is not a rose. I say that because leases are against something that is earning money (the aircraft) vs. other debt against assets not earning cash.

The reality is, however, that all network carriers are in a world of trouble with regards to debt. Even before leases, they may be in too deep to fully climb out....

flyhigh said:
May want to verify, but I believe that the $21B includes aircraft leases which are a form of debt. If that is the case, a rose by any other name, is not a rose. I say that because leases are against something that is earning money (the aircraft) vs. other debt against assets not earning cash.

The reality is, however, that all network carriers are in a world of trouble with regards to debt. Even before leases, they may be in too deep to fully climb out....
Debt goes against all assets (and all assets generate cash, or they would not be assets). The leases are secured against aircraft vs. other forms of debt having no security (e.g. convertible bonds) or being secured against buildings,...

WingNaPrayer said:
That's the scuttlebutt. Come May, AMR is scheduled to start moaning again to labor that they need more wage concessions in order to compete. They aren't going to stop until everyone is ten bucks an hour or less.
WNP,
HOW DARE YOU ASSUME that AA, along with the TWU(same ####), would consider doing "that" AGAIN ????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NH/BB's

WingNaPrayer said:
Just think John Ward will be able to hand AA everything on a silver platter again! I can't wait until he screws us again and then see what those people (MiAAmi) who voted to re-elect his ugly a$$ say!

LiveInAHotel said:
Just think John Ward will be able to hand AA everything on a silver platter again! I can't wait until he screws us again and then see what those people (MiAAmi) who voted to re-elect his ugly a$$ say!
What's left to give? FNs get to take over all flying at IMA, maybe?

Read the CNNMoney article on the opening page of this site. Says AA's costs are 17% lower than last years. CASM is 9.48cents and should drop to 9.34!!!!! Thats unbeliveably good!

Latest posts