No More Stores?

enough already

Veteran
Jan 8, 2003
I was told today that at Local 514's regular membership meeting last night, that the "Stores", i.e. stock clerks, fork truck drivers, etc., people were told that it's over for them. That "if they had enough time with the company, to retire, or else start looking for a job, because their work is going to be outsourced." :eek:

This can't be true, can it? Why don't we give up another 17 1/2% to save there jobs? :angry:

enough already said:
I was told today that at Local 514's regular membership meeting last night, that the "Stores", i.e. stock clerks, fork truck drivers, etc., people were told that it's over for them. That "if they had enough time with the company, to retire, or else start looking for a job, because their work is going to be outsourced." :eek:

This can't be true, can it? Why don't we give up another 17 1/2% to save there jobs? :angry:
[post="174579"][/post]​

Well its been known for a while that Stores in Tulsa was going to take a hit because instead of shipping everything back to Tulsa, so it looks like we are doing the work in house, the line stations will be shipping parts directly to the vendors, like we have been doing with aircraft tires since the TWU agreed to give away the Tire shops at JFK and LGA back in the early 90s.

Maybe the company agreed to a card check for the Gate agents with the TWU to make up for the loss of stores workers. In fact such a coup would likely restore the TWU up to the amount of members they had prior to the concessions, and then some. After all the CWA has expressed an interest for years in organizing the agents. Word was that a big telephone reservation center in Arizona prevented the agents from organizing however with the internet, cheap telecommunications and even cheaper labor overseas even Arizona was not cheap enough and has been reduced to the point where the agents on the line can get a union. The CWA has a reputation as a union that really is willing to fight. You dont hear any excuses from them about how the members are afraid to strike. Another win-win for the company and the TWU. The TWU gets more members, even if they have to throw a few hundred stores clerks from OH on the street and the company does not have to worry that they will have to deal with a real union!

Not to worry the TWU will take care of the stores guys like they did to other classifications that they eliminated in the past-zero occupational seniority, even if you had 20 or more years as a dues paying TWU member.

AMFA and the AGW now. By the way make sure you tell the gate agents you know not to fill out any cards for the TWU. If they do they probably wont even have the opportunity to change their minds, they will be stuck with the TWU. Tell them if they want a union call either the AGW or the CWA.

I have heard several versions of this story today.

It also inlcuded the Title II Facilities employees.

My guess is that this is actually just another fear campaign by the TWU to get these employees spooled up with fear and ready to defend the TWU against the upcoming AMFA vs TWU NMB Balloting.

Next thing you will know, the TWU will claim this was the results on the "brick mailer" survey. And of course, "AMFA" is to blame.

Decision 2004 said:
I have heard several versions of this story today.

It also inlcuded the Title II Facilities employees.

My guess is that this is actually just another fear campaign by the TWU to get these employees spooled up with fear and ready to defend the TWU against the upcoming AMFA vs TWU NMB Balloting.

Next thing you will know, the TWU will claim this was the results on the "brick mailer" survey. And of course, "AMFA" is to blame.
[post="174593"][/post]​

Well I've been hearing the Title II rumors for years but the fact is that Title II took almost no layoffs. There are only 300 less in Title II than there was prior to the concessions. I agree that the source no doubt is from the TWU to spread fear but there appears to be more to this stores thing than the Title II rumor. From what I heard we are not talking about eliminating stores but a big reduction. I'm not in Tulsa but how many stores guys there take care of routing parts?

Rumors as usual,

Dennis discussed the possibility of the warehouse closing. The company has hired a consulting firm to look at ways of reducing costs. The contract protects Stores and warehouse personal. At this time it does not look like much will become of the issue in the short term. AA is concerned about the tax advantage of not storing parts and the costs of moving parts thru-out the system.

Dennis point was, we need to stand our ground and enforce the contract and not do any work that belongs to stores or even Title 2. If you see someone than file a grievance.

All we have to do is look at United and NWA and you will see the damage because of the weak associations.

Just remenber it does happen to you!!!!! If you allow it!!!!!! Stand Strong and be aggressive to not allow other groups do work. The key to success is to be strong!!!

We have given enough we need to fight back!!!!

guess we will see those deadly snake shirts brought out of the closet soon! that should convince AA not to mess with store's :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goes to show you than NO department or STATION is exempt from the cost cutting!

Checking it Out said:
Rumors as usual,

Dennis discussed the possibility of the warehouse closing. The company has hired a consulting firm to look at ways of reducing costs. The contract protects Stores and warehouse personal. At this time it does not look like much will become of the issue in the short term. AA is concerned about the tax advantage of not storing parts and the costs of moving parts thru-out the system.

Dennis point was, we need to stand our ground and enforce the contract and not do any work that belongs to stores or even Title 2. If you see someone than file a grievance.

All we have to do is look at United and NWA and you will see the damage because of the weak associations.

Just remenber it does happen to you!!!!! If you allow it!!!!!! Stand Strong and be aggressive to not allow other groups do work. The key to success is to be strong!!!

[post="174710"][/post]​
"All we have to do is look at United and NWA and you will see the damage because of the weak associations".

Yeah cio, and ignore the facts of the last 20 years of twu sellouts and lies. If you want to talk weak unions, look no further than the most docile in existence, your beloved twu

When is the twu force majuere case going to be heard? NEVER?

"Stand strong and be aggressive" :lol: :rolleyes: :D :blink:

Checking it Out said:
Rumors as usual,

[post="174710"][/post]​

So why is it that all of the Associations did better than us? The International Association of Machinists, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, The Allied Pilots Association, The Airline Pilots Association, and last but not least AMFA? None of those other unions gave up vacation, holidays, uniforms etc. The pilots contract at AA is pretty much intact except for the pay cut where they already got back more than we will the entire term of the contract.

Fight back? Are those Littles words? When will we ever hear words like that? What do you mean by fight back? Like we did in 2003? "We will show all those other unions out there what concessions really are, we will give up Holidays, vacation, double time, uniforms, we will cut deeper than any union anywhere ever cut before and then we will give ourselves raises and keep our corporate kickback intact, they think they gave concessions? We will show them, wait till they see what we take away from our members!".

Checking it Out said:
Rumors as usual,

SO now the TWU Local President has to use fear of job loss to get Tulsa members to abide by and enforce their own labor agreement? What part of that is "weak unionism" don't you understand?

Thanks for the latest proof and reason to get rid of the TWU!!!!!!

What if we "stand our ground", and Jim Little signs off another "Without Further Ratification" sellout? What if AA threatens your pension and Little Jim sells out the stock clerk to save your pension? We are under attack without leadership and unity. And to top that, according to a Federal Judge, "they can do that, brother".

I have heard that the Wharehouse has already been sold. What are you going to do about it?

Checking it Out said:
Rumors as usual,

[post="174710"][/post]​

cio, you really are stupid. Excuse me, I meant STUPID!

" At this time it does not look like much will become of the issue in the short term."

What about the LONG term? Here in SAN AA already tries to operate without a stock clerk on different shifts throughout the week. This coming weekend we will not have a stock clerk at all. Hey, why's that aircraft just sitting their broken. Why doesn't someone fix it. Well gee, we need an engine fuel control but we don't have a clerk to order one. But hey, it's just a short term problem.

"The contract protects Stores and warehouse personal."

Just like the contract protected the overnight cabin cleaners?

"Dennis point was, we need to stand our ground and enforce the contract and not do any work that belongs to stores or even Title 2. If you see someone than file a grievance."

cio, when has the twu ever stood their ground. Did they stand up when they allowed ramp to do AMT jobs?

"
All we have to do is look at United and NWA and you will see the damage because of the weak associations."

First look at your twu coward! Look no further than your very own Tulsa. Look at the OSM shops and the "labor loans". That is damage too. But hey, your unelected leader jim little said that we are going to fight to get back what we lost right?

"Just remenber it does happen to you!!!!! If you allow it!!!!!! Stand Strong and be aggressive to not allow other groups do work. The key to success is to be strong!!!"

Such strong words from someone who can't even identify herself. It does happen to "you". Because the twu allows it. Where's my full revote? Don't let other groups do work? Again, COWARD, like the ramp doing AMT jobs? Like non-A&Ps doing jobs in the back shops that A&Ps use to do?

The key to success is to have an organization that will protect our craft & class. With old sell out burchette in the 514 with little working the strings that move his mouth the stock clerks there are screwed.

twu's Little jim allowed Cabin Cleaners to be outsourced, trading them for half pay sick time for Fleet Service. Where was that make a stand then??? Where was the twu when the OSM (in-house outsourcing) began??? You can bet the membership will stand tough against outsourcing but, which side will the twu be truly on??? Will we have to fight both the company and the twu, again??? My guess is, so long as the company will agree to make sure they are twu members then the company will be allowed to do whatever they want including out-sourcing to another company. The only time it will ever be a problem is if the twu were to loose dues during the out-sourcing of work. I talk to several Stock Clerks all the time, they have signed AGW cards and are ready to boot the twu. The sooner the better!!! This is a good time to get AGW cards to help all of the ground workers craft and class.