Jester

Veteran
Sep 12, 2007
Formerly PHry Town
CsvkYl-XYAEFsAf.jpg
(

Express flight out of ORF...
https://twitter.com/toddschnitt?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
(yeah, the link is that of a conservative radio talk show host)

Jester said:

Political Correctness dictates tolerance even if we aren't really sure as to motivations.
Unfortunately, people do not consider anyone else other than themselves.
My sensibilities and abhorrent objection for some one in their underwear/swimsuit on public transportation is negated by 'tolerance' and 'political correctives'.
Now it is a 'free for all' and relegated to the lowest common denominator.
I hate flying anymore.
B) xUT

Reactions: 4 people
bob@las-AA said:
Kinda looks like the milk isle at your local Walmart. I'm calling BS on this.
Agreed, though I think it may be a little upscale from Walmart.  I just came from Kroger's and they have shelving just like that seen in the background in their drug and toiletries department.

I am not sure, but I think it is one of those quick grab a sandwich/smoothie/snack places with the portable reach in coolers in the background.

xUT said:
Unfortunately, people do not consider anyone else other than themselves.
My sensibilities and abhorrent objection for some one in their underwear/swimsuit on public transportation is negated by 'tolerance' and 'political correctives'.
Now it is a 'free for all' and relegated to the lowest common denominator.
I hate flying anymore.
B) xUT
You can thank libtards for that. 

Was she allowed on the flight?  As far as I know the airline has no power to enforce regulations concerning attire within the terminal area itself, unfortunately that is still a "free speech zone".  What can you do?  Now, if she herself is a Concierge Key™ or her daddy is, or she's some other top-tier flyer who brings top revenue, I expect maybe the rules might be relaxed somewhat in the name of customer service.  That is what I always heard regarding the gentleman who flies in lingerie.

Besides just being stupid the shirt is clearly in bad taste, but I think she has more guts wearing it outright than the moralistic hens she's set off squawking about it; none of whom would probably have confronted her in person about it but instead came to the internet to tut about it, bravely and anonymously of course.

Y'all's saying she needs to curb her freedom of expression on account of your sensitivities...who's being politically correct now?

Reactions: 1 person
ChockJockey said:
Y'all's saying she needs to curb her freedom of expression on account of your sensitivities...who's being politically correct now?
No, they are saying she is acting like a fool and that the shirt she is wearing serves no purpose other than to get attention.

I think you have confused "freedom of speech" with "acting like an idiot to get attention".

I think Monica Lewinsky summed it up best.

"“We all want to be heard, but let’s acknowledge the difference between speaking up with intention and speaking up for attention.”

http://www.technicianonline.com/opinion/article_778c2aea-dc10-11e4-9a96-135179cabfc9.html

Our Freedom of Speech exists so that we are able to hear all of those speaking with intention. It does not exist to serve the needs of those seeking attention.