No PHL Crew Room for Christmas

NoMoreKoolAid

Senior
Nov 12, 2007
I hear you guys in PHL got shafted again with the crew room not being ready. :lol: :eek: Someone on here called that one a while back. They can't do anything right. Ever.

I hear you guys in PHL got shafted again with the crew room not being ready. :lol: :eek: Someone on here called that one a while back. They can't do anything right. Ever.

I agree. Originally it was supposed to be done in October, 2006.

The Empire State Building (the tallest in the world for more than forty years) was built in just over ONE YEAR in 1930!

And USAirways can't put together a decent crew room in two and a half years and still make a deadline.

I agree. Originally it was supposed to be done in October, 2006.

The Empire State Building (the tallest in the world for more than forty years) was built in just over ONE YEAR in 1930!

And USAirways can't put together a decent crew room in two and a half years and still make a deadline.
:lol: :lol: When will everyone learn US never, EVER makes good on any of its promises. It the Allegheny CURSE!!

Who didn't know that would happen. Everyone kept saying it's opening on the 17th---I kept saying nope it's not. Pitiful.

having been in the old Crew Room on B concourse it should have been redone. The fact that it isn't is yet another piece of evidence of the value US Airways places on it's employees.

I think the decision to move the crews out of the area of the old B crew room is a good one (if it ever come s to fruition.) The move actually does make sense. It is adjacent to the rampers' break room and they really need the space. Right now, the corridor area is always filled with rampers who are overflowing their own break room because they don;t have space to sit down there. That makes maneuvering the corridor a real pain when dragging luggage. I suspect they will get the old crew space if the new crew room is ever completed, thereby getting the crowd out of the corridor.

Additionally, the new crew space (being in the old express waiting area) has an elevator to/from the concourse level. That will be a great improvement, assuming its functionality will be maintained.

I think the company made the right decision to move the crews down to the very end of the concourse into a space that will be virtually inaccessible to anyone but crews. The execution of that decision is another story, like a "Neverending Story."

My understanding is that the elevator is the original one used for getting a wheelchair to/from the express gates. Which means it is small, one or two persons with luggage at the most.

I would plan on using the stairs most of the time.

My understanding is that the elevator is the original one used for getting a wheelchair to/from the express gates. Which means it is small, one or two persons with luggage at the most.

I would plan on using the stairs most of the time.

Our crews will wait on line for 90 minutes for a turn at turn at the elevator rather than use the stairs (especially uphill,) and when the doors open it will look like the 20 clowns at the circus getting out of their little car.

Personally, I will still have no choice but to use the stairs since there is no elevator to my crew room.

Is this delay due to the Company or the Airport/City?

The CP shout-mail blames the city inspector for not being able to bless the space. However, this, too, can be placed at the feet of USAirways for not having the foresight to get on the inspector's schedule far enough in advance. Of course, given that the completion is over two years late, what's another month or ten?

The CP shout-mail blames the city inspector for not being able to bless the space. However, this, too, can be placed at the feet of USAirways for not having the foresight to get on the inspector's schedule far enough in advance. Of course, given that the completion is over two years late, what's another month or ten?
I would think that since it's a crew room it is probably a city job. If that is the case the city not US would be charged with pulling the permits and getting the inspector in place. As for getting the inspector on your schedule, that aint going to happen..

Relax, people.

It says right in the e-mail that the required inspections from the Department of Aviation has been delayed. Not delayed by USAir, delayed by the DOA. Kinda like how the crew room construction was delayed because of the licenses US had to obtain to create the new crew room. We've all seen how the PHL airport was run in the past....

I don't think this is another example of USAir out to "get us...." :lol:

Awwww, poor babies. Meanwhile one group of Customer Service empolyees in CLT have to have a breakroom intended for 15 people, but there are over 40 of us on one shift. Our hearts go out for you.