No Pilot Permanent Bid 4 April

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone interested - there's not going to be a pilot bid for April. That makes 2 months skipped (March & April), so the next bid will be no earlier than May.

Unfortunately, this will probably slow down the recall of furloughees.

Jim

Just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone interested - there's not going to be a pilot bid for April. That makes 2 months skipped (March & April), so the next bid will be no earlier than May.

Jim
-----------------------------------------------------------

We will need the time to work on a new seniority list between Delta n USAIRways......

With the monopoly....the FF can get a chance to taste some of the other carriers they always threaten to fly..

Maybe Lufthansa will start to serve Boone, or Erie, or god forbid "hickory"......

I suspect the next bid will be released in a few week's and will be quit large.

The next bid will include: seasonal/new transatlantic flying, additional IRO positions, EMB-190 growth, and mandatory/early retirements and other attrition.

It is my understanding there will be 274 pilot recall's from January through August 2007.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I suspect the next bid will be released in a few week's and will be quit large.

The next bid will include: seasonal/new transatlantic flying, additional IRO positions, EMB-190 growth, and mandatory/early retirements and other attrition.

It is my understanding there will be 274 pilot recall's from January through August 2007.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

So will they release the bid for May sometime in Feb? Sounds kinda early.

Thanks

Talked with Charmane today,she said more letters were sent out yesterday. She also said more recalls in March,April, and May. :up:

A message went out concerning new job openings in the Training Dept for instructors. Training events are apparently on the rise in the near future.

A320 Driver B)

Jim
[/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------

So, what gives, jim...

Is this just your spin on it, ( spin seems to be taboo on these boards) or are you just tryin to put a little fear into the furloughed??

Neither, really. Just figured no bid = no left over jobs to award to furloughees since the positions available are known only when a bid is awarded.

Even offering 190 F/O positions, which would almost surely go to returnees, seems unfair since a bid award may have provided some other choices.

Jim

Jim

So, what gives, jim...

Is this just your spin on it, ( spin seems to be taboo on these boards) or are you just tryin to put a little fear into the furloughed??

Las time I saw you was on a jetway in GSO....man how the years go by...

Enjoy your retirement, you deserve it, earned it, make the best of it...I know you will....

Thanks for everything, please keep up the info for us informationalally (sp) challenged!!

Have a cold one on me at your party.

Piney will buy it...:) ....

Have a cold one on me at your party.

Piney will buy it...:) ....
I'll definitely take you up on the offer of Piney buying :lol:

Retirement has been great. The only thing I've missed has been seeing all the people I've known over the years.

Jim

I'll definitely take you up on the offer of Piney buying :lol:

Retirement has been great. The only thing I've missed has been seeing all the people I've known over the years.

Jim

Rest assured, you and your kind will be missed...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Is this your understanding just from the PIT newspaper article or do you have other reasons to believe this number is correct?

We've had what, about 40 so far this year?

A message went out concerning new job openings in the Training Dept for instructors. Training events are apparently on the rise in the near future.

A320 Driver B)
The reason for the openings is that the company has been screw*ng the LCA on pay issues and they have been leaving/withdrawing their services. The company is trying to replace(not add) them with pilots who are willing to work for the $$$ they want to pay. In other words, the current/former LCA are making a stand, hopefully no other pilots will stab them in the back and take the company up on their "offer". But, alas, we all know there will be someone to "jump" at the opportunity.

Latest posts