No Us Pay Scale For Hp Fleet Service

NEGOTIATIONS NEWS
Thursday, August 11, 2005

TO:All Local 580 Members

Brothers and Sisters,

We have completed this week’s negotiations sessions with America West Airlines. After lengthy discussions, America West rejected our entire proposal that included language to bring AWA Fleet Service employees pay to parallel the wages at US Airways, and would remain in effect until such time that seniority integration and representation issues were completed. No other changes were proposed to the current collective bargaining agreement. The Company cited that our proposal, as presented, “would violate the ATSB loan agreementâ€￾ and that was their foundation for denial. Our economist has run a cost comparison of our proposal to the ATSB loan and has found that the proposal did not violate the agreement; furthermore it conforms to the ATSB loan agreement. Our economist worked on the America West dispatch contract months ago and used the same formula that America West used for that contract. Because the company based their denial on the ATSB loan violation, your Union expects the company to justify their position before we move forward.

In addition, your committee presented language proposals on a number of sections and we have reached tentative agreement on one entire section. We have also reached tentative agreements on language changes the Union proposed on paragraphs within other sections.

As we move forward many of you want to help the negotiation process and expedite this to a successful conclusion. What is needed from each of you is your continued support and to be prepared to volunteer a small amount of time in the near future. You can keep up to date by visiting the website at www.local580.org for additional information.

Thanks for your continued support, as we will win standing together. United we stand, divided we beg!

In Solidarity,
Pat Rezler
President Jaime Ruiz
Committee Member Gary Gould
Committee Member Gary Shults
International Representative

barbeetantrums said:
NEGOTIATIONS NEWS
Thursday, August 11, 2005

TO:All Local 580 Members

Brothers and Sisters,

We have completed this week’s negotiations sessions with America West Airlines. After lengthy discussions, America West rejected our entire proposal that included language to bring AWA Fleet Service employees pay to parallel the wages at US Airways, and would remain in effect until such time that seniority integration and representation issues were completed. No other changes were proposed to the current collective bargaining agreement. The Company cited that our proposal, as presented, “would violate the ATSB loan agreementâ€￾ and that was their foundation for denial. Our economist has run a cost comparison of our proposal to the ATSB loan and has found that the proposal did not violate the agreement; furthermore it conforms to the ATSB loan agreement. Our economist worked on the America West dispatch contract months ago and used the same formula that America West used for that contract. Because the company based their denial on the ATSB loan violation, your Union expects the company to justify their position before we move forward.

In addition, your committee presented language proposals on a number of sections and we have reached tentative agreement on one entire section. We have also reached tentative agreements on language changes the Union proposed on paragraphs within other sections.

As we move forward many of you want to help the negotiation process and expedite this to a successful conclusion. What is needed from each of you is your continued support and to be prepared to volunteer a small amount of time in the near future. You can keep up to date by visiting the website at www.local580.org for additional information.

Thanks for your continued support, as we will win standing together. United we stand, divided we beg!

In Solidarity,
Pat Rezler
President Jaime Ruiz
Committee Member Gary Gould
Committee Member Gary Shults
International Representative
[post="287793"][/post]​

When does the contract offically become amendable?

Of course HP employeees aren't gonna get raises to match the US employees. What is more likely to happen is that US employees get yet another round of concessions so that their pay matches their HP colleagues.

FWAAA said:
What is more likely to happen is that US employees get yet another round of concessions so that their pay matches their HP colleagues.
[post="287818"][/post]​

Thats gonna get the merger off on the right step! :down: You think we got problems now, just tell the US people after all the fights with the last contract negotiations that they get to give even more and the current mess in PHL will look like a Sunday School outing vs what would happen. :shock: :p

nycbusdriver said:
The HP contract means raises for most US pilots.
[post="288006"][/post]​
that sounds to be good news for the pilots. however how about the rest of the groups--cwas fleet service, mechs. etc etc

Bob,

HP does not have rampers in EWR, delta global services does the ramp.

OK, who paid off PineyBob? :eek:

A change of heart about MPA? Bob are you suddenly part of the 50 million retention and severance package? :mf_boff:

Bob is right about the rumor mill......relax and enjoy the ride until there is something to really get mad about.

PineyBob said:
I was in EWR the other day and 2 off duty HP rampers were having a detailed and animated discussion regarding how THEIR jobs would be affected by the merger. They were using terminology only a ramper and union member would know completely, but they were saying things that were the total opposite of what we hear on these boards. Based on my limited knowledge they thought the US Airways procedures were to their benefit and that things would work better doing US's way so maybe that helps explain the MPA decision.

[post="288202"][/post]​

Hey Bob,

HP does not have rampers in EWR, so what is the real story?

And if you don't care then why did you post it in the first place. Like I said, HP does not have rampers in EWR, so how could HP rampers be discussing the merger and unions?

Lets see they dont wear HP uniforms, they are not paid by HP, they do not get medical benefits nor flight privliges on HP and nor are they covered under the TWU HP Fleet Service Agreements, so please explain to me how they work for HP?

They are a vendor, outsourced.

So your saying when I worked a UA flight in CLT or NW that I work for NW or UA?

Something smell rotten in Denmark about your original post, just wanting to know what the real story is.

Well since they are not HP employees nor are they covered by the TWU/HP Fleet Service contract and they have nothing to do with the merger, it just seems something about your post is not right.

PneyBob,

From these boards, you can gather there is still, even after all of the cuts U agents (fleet and customer service) have endured, a major gap between HP and U compensation.

With oil headed towards $70 a bbl, and likely to remain high thru mid 2006 easily, which way do you think future adjustments are going to go?

I predict, even though U is the surviving 'entity', and has a larger employee group, Parker will attempt to impose HP work conditions (read paycut for U employees).

There will be major dissent, followed by rightsizings and further cuts, followed by assent by CWA and IAM ("I got my mind right, boss"), who have already sold their agents out once.

MPA will get the blame, the axe, and a golden retirement.

Why else would a shrewd businessman like Parker retain him?

Then, I'll bet Parker brings rez back inhouse, and is a hero.

diogenes said:
I predict, even though U is the surviving 'entity', and has a larger employee group, Parker will attempt to impose HP work conditions (read paycut for U employees).
[post="288286"][/post]​

I agree with your entire post except for this part. The documents I have read say that that HP is the surviving entity, not US. US merges into HP, HP is the survivor, and it changes its name to USAirways.

Latest posts