Non-refundable Ticket Restrictions

SpinDoc

Veteran
Feb 17, 2003
PIT
Visit site
So does anyone know when this company is going to wake up and pull back the "use it or lose it" customer unfriendly ticket policy? I'm sure UA, AA, DL, NW, and FL are enjoying the revenue we're leaving on the table because our DM Preferred travelers are flying on them instead of us. Whoever is responsible for holding up the rollback should be beheaded in public, or at the very least fired immediately. This is just another example of how Dave and Dr. Bonehead are handing market share over to other airlines. There was a point where I actually believed in Dave's plan, but with the stupid moves he has orchestrated since we emerged from BK, I am losing my faith. It is almost as if they want the airline to fail. Time for Dave, Benny "the chin" Baldanza, and Jerry "the hatchet" Glass to quit wasting everybody's time and let someone come in who knows how to run an airline. Dave, your plan is not working. Time to wake up........

When I forsee a problem in this regard, I simply purchase the ticket from UA. You can standby on UA tickets that are flown on US metal. Some agents need a small prodding and a call to somewhere, but it works.

The couple of times I've done this, the UA ticket has also been cheaper than the US ticket. Had the US ticket not had the dumbass restrictions and been in the same ballpark on price (I'll pay $200 versus $180, I'm not paying $350 versus $180), I'd have bought the US ticket.

Baldanza should stick to board games, as he's clearly flunking "Airline Tycoon."

This policy stinks!

My brother had to cancel a flight due to emergency eye surgery (His doctor told him he could go blind if he did not have surgery in 24 hours. USAir refuses to apply ticket cost to later flight.)

What is Dave Siegels e-mail?