Non Rev policies after merger?

USnonrev16

Sep 3, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and wanted to get your opinion on this. If US does merge with AA, what do you think will happen with the nonrev situation? Do you think that the new company would retain US' non rev policies?

Also, what do you think of AA's policies right now? Would it be THAT bad if US adopted AA's? Finally, what do you think would happen to load factors for the new company? Would it be impossible to get anywhere due to American's employees' seniority?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Reactions: 3 people
cart-before-horse-2.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
Who knows, its a bit premature to even guess. I don't even have a clue what AA's policy is.

Honestly I don't think it will matter. As a West employee, what I saw was that our benefits didn't necessarily shift one way or another, but more towards whatever the company felt was reasonable. I seem to recall when the combined policy came out there was this big comparison to other carriers and what we were going to get. The only exception to this might be contractual, I THINK the West FAs have their benefits in their CBA.

What is AA's non rev policy?

Rogue.....

AA boarding priority

You will be assigned boarding priority within your travel classification based on the check-in time entered in SABRE. Preference for class of service will be offered in order of boarding priority when possible. Note: The revenue customers and higher priority non-rev travelers will be accommodated before you. Through passengers are boarded before all local passengers with the same boarding priority, regardless of check-in time.

I "think" AA employees pay by flight segments. Years ago If found an AA pay stub on the floor. I recall seeing payroll deductions for flight segments. Hopefully an AA employee can give us the low down.

I "think" AA employees pay by flight segments. Years ago If found an AA pay stub on the floor. I recall seeing payroll deductions for flight segments. Hopefully an AA employee can give us the low down.

That was how AA handled charging for buddy passes - payroll deduction of the appropriate fee from the employee supplying the buddy passes. It was then up to the employee to get reimbursed by those using the buddy passes or give them away.

Jim

At AA its first "check in" first serve. Boarding is not by seniority.
As an employee you are a -D2 but you get 2 round trip or 4 one way -D1 passes a year that are for your vacation. This gives you boarding priority over D2. Employee parents are D2P. Buddy passes are D3.
If you are connecting at a hub you move ahead in line also. You are a D2T (D2 through) this is crap you are lowered in boarding priority just cause you work at a hub city.
So the priority list can look like this......
D1T, D1, D2T, D2, D2P, Then D3 then your lower non revs move in line........
After 5 years coach is free (domestic) small service charge to go in first. ie...Dallas to El Paso is $18 bucks. You still have to dress up for first. No jeans, shorts or open toe shoes. Coach you can wear jeans just no holes in them.
AA would not "bump" people up to first. So forever if coach was oversold and first has open seats you would make the flight. This was awsome. Now AA is selling first upgrades so you can not count on the first class seats being open. you need to watch it close. Non -reving is getting harder to do seems the flights are always oversold.
How is it done at Airways?

Latest posts