Non Rev Question

Bradly71

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Just wondering if anyone has non-reved on routes that have been expressed? Are they usually at capacity? Gonna try to get to Toronto after the holidays and was very suprised to see it all USE operations.

Thanks!

I have flown YYZ out of both PHL and DCA for Mesa many times in the past couple months and they are never full. Usually about 20-25 people. Never seen over 40 (on a 50 seat CRJ). That would be on about 8 round trips. If your a pilot I am sure the JS would be open also. Good luck :up: -Cape

ps The only flight the we fly that I would stay away from as a non-rev is PHL-ATL-PHL! Why U has an RJ on this flight is beyond me. I fly it every week out of both CLT and PHL and I would say the average load is 90%+. They need to but a 319 or 733/734 on this route but my guess is that they are waiting for MDA to take it over.

Like any flight, check the travel line religiously to see how the flight usually fills up on certain days...

The only difference with Express is a lower dependability rate (better or worse with certain operators) and the chance of weight restriction (an example being 50 seats with the ability to take only 46).

Many of the routes we have Expressed we have lost customers on. Customers like an RJ from a hub to a Paducah or a Peoria, not an Atlanta or a Minneappolis.

Not too sure about Toronto specifically. As usual, have a backup and a basic knowlege of which hubs we fly there from, as well as the hub-to-hub flights which can be tricky.