Non-Rev While on Furlough Question

StewGuy86

Senior
Sep 1, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
I'm on a voluntary furlough and never use my pass privileges. If I need to go somewhere it's typically easier for me to just buy a ticket or cash in FF points. But due to the high price of the flights on a trip I need to take soon, I have to to non-rev.

I'm already listed on the flights - that part I got. My question is how I go about getting my boarding pass in order to get through security at the airport. Do I have to stand in the ticket counter line or can I get the boarding pass at a kiosk? Thanks to anyone who can offer some guidance!

You can just check in at a kiosk and get your boarding pass that way. Then sit and wait at the gate for your name to be called.

The kiosk should have a screen for you to pick the number of bags being checked. You'll have to go to the ticket counter to get the tag put on and hand over your bag I believe. It's not a biggie since the TC is right behind the kiosk - at least in the places I've been.

Jim

and heaven forbid if you go to the counter at the gate to present your id and let them know you're there and hand them your boarding pass---it just isn't done anymore---they already have the list and you just sit and wait--they don't like you approaching the podium---they sometimes get down right nasty and give you funny looks.

and heaven forbid if you go to the counter at the gate to present your id and let them know you're there and hand them your boarding pass---it just isn't done anymore---they already have the list and you just sit and wait--they don't like you approaching the podium---they sometimes get down right nasty and give you funny looks.

Must be just a Westie thing. I haven't had this problem east of the Mississippi.

You can also use www.nonrevcheckin.com. They will check you in 12 hours prior and email you the boarding pass. So you can print it out when ever you want.
If you have bags, you can check them curb side, at the kiosk or with an agent.
When you get to the gate, I usually just go right to the counter and ask (politely) if they have released standby seats yet. They might have already if the flight is wide open. If not, just take a seat near the counter and wait for your name to be called.

Must be just a Westie thing. I haven't had this problem east of the Mississippi.
Agreed, went non rev last week, agent in CLT told us it did'nt look good, NW just xld and were moving people over. Rolled us to next flight, stopped by a couple hours later to check on us...hell of a nice guy.

Agreed, went non rev last week, agent in CLT told us it did'nt look good, NW just xld and were moving people over. Rolled us to next flight, stopped by a couple hours later to check on us...hell of a nice guy.

Absolutely...these CLT folks are superb ;) I can't say much for PHL except in INTL.