Non Rev

TWAnr said:
Why the interest?
[post="308210"][/post]​

i just got hired at us airways and they changed their policy because of the merger...just wanted to compare and see what other airlines flight benefits were...nosy and curious thats all

The employee, spouse and all dependents get unlimited passes. If the employee has more than 5 yrs of svcs, coach is free. Business and First have a modest charge. We can sign up 12 (or so) buddies to travel on our passes. The travel at a lower pass priority and we get a total of 18 round trips per calendar year to divide among the registered buddy list. They travel at a flat rate first or coach and it tends not to be worth it for anyone to use the buddy passes unless they are going to Europe. But due to the loads, they will probably not get on there either. If you are single, you can have a registered companion who travels at the employee pass priority but their passes also come out of the 18 allocated round trips. Hope this helps.

TWAnr said:
Why the interest?
[post="308210"][/post]​
Why not just answer?

Boarding Priority D2, upon hire date
D1 Passes 4 one way trips/year, upon hire date
Travel on Other Airlines Yes, after 6 months company seniority
A9 Yes, upon hire date
D3 Passes Yes, after 2 years company seniority
Parents Allowed Yes, upon hire date
Eligible for Registered Companion* Yes, upon hire date
AA20 Yes, upon hire date
*Registered Companion option available only if single.

This is not privelaged info , it is offered to everyone ewho applies or is interested in applying.
Good luck with US.

Garfield1966 said:
The employee, spouse and all dependents get unlimited passes. If the employee has more than 5 yrs of svcs, coach is free. Business and First have a modest charge. We can sign up 12 (or so) buddies to travel on our passes. The travel at a lower pass priority and we get a total of 18 round trips per calendar year to divide among the registered buddy list. They travel at a flat rate first or coach and it tends not to be worth it for anyone to use the buddy passes unless they are going to Europe. But due to the loads, they will probably not get on there either. If you are single, you can have a registered companion who travels at the employee pass priority but their passes also come out of the 18 allocated round trips. Hope this helps.
[post="308237"][/post]​

thanks!! do you guys get to travel for free though? parents included?

Employees with over 5 yrs travel Domestic Coach for Free. Parents do not travel for free but do get the rate equal to what employees with less then 5 yrs seniority
pay.

Garfield1966 said:
[post="308237"][/post]​

Actually only get 24 one ways per year for parents and buddies to share. Also boarding status is based on checkin time not seniority.

caligurl said:
thanks!! do you guys get to travel for free though? parents included?
[post="308240"][/post]​

Ok, what are you going to do when you get there if you have no money?

They pretty much equal getting all the fries you can eat if you work at McDonalds.

You asked about parent travel. Unless they are in their 50's or younger, non rev-ing basically sucks for them unless they really like to travel at oddball times to non-seasonal destinations.

It's probably great for a single young hippie relative but nothing like it used to be.

I'd sell my employee flight bennies for a few hundred bucks.

Parents also get the same 20% discount off of any published fare that employees do. That is the real benefit for my folks -- they get five trips to LAS or MCO for the price of four, plus they get the FF miles.

AAStew said:
Why not just answer?

Boarding Priority D2, upon hire date

Don't know if it is all employees or just flight attendants, but there are NO travel benefits for new hire flight attendants until they complete probation (6 months). This policy changed effective 01SEP2000. How do I know? I graduated on 06SEP2000 and joined the payroll on 07SEP2000. My class was the first class to not get travel benefits at 3 months. :down:

And, they didn't tell us about this change in policy until mid-August, 2000 when we had been in training for 3 weeks. When we were interviewed and hired in June, 2000 we were told we would get D2 travel at 3 months. I found out over a year later that they knew in JANUARY, 2000 that the change was coming in September.

Same story about the D3s (buddy passes). They told us at the same time that it would be 2 years, not 6 months, before we got buddy passes.

General comment: I think it is wrong that once you add someone to your D3 list, they have to stay on for a full year. I have a cousin who wants to take her mother (my favorite aunt) to Europe next March. This is the only time she would proably ever use my D3 privileges; my cousin doesn't travel that much and my aunt is in her 80's. I don't mind very much because I've heard so many horror stories from friends about D3s misbehaving and it bouncing back on the employee. Nevertheless, it should be no big deal to put someone on your list temporarily and then delete them after their trip.

The reason for it is to discourage employees from adding people everyday and then selling the passes to anyone off the street. This was a problem in the past in certain parts of the country.

Non-Reving is a pseudo benefit at AA. After a 17.5% pay cut and a loss of 1 week of vacation and 5 paid holidays non-reving is no longer a LUXURY I can afford.
As Bob Owens has stated it takes money once you get "There".
Hotels and rental cars are not FREE!

With record load factors non-reving is a pseudo benefit at Tulsa when you have to compete with 7000 other employees for so few available seats.

Hope everyone likes my cynical outlook about non-reving!