Non Reving & TSA Precheck

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
I got the GE and my Trusted Traveler # about 2 years ago. I used to get pre check all the time. Have only got it once this year. I hear people make all kinds of claims like name must match 100%. The TSA has my full middle name while our travel profile only uses initials. I also heard if you check in at home vs. at the airport you can't get it. None of that seems correct as I have in the past. I thought just hearing others experiences may be informative.

Reactions: 1 person
does your non-rev system not store your trusted traveler number just as most if not all airlines do for their frequent flyers who provide their number?

you are being ripped off if AA/US can't connect Global Entry and Trusted Traveler with your non-rev travel.

Not sure what to tell you, I have Prechedk through my Global Entry and have never had any problems. Yes you do need your full name, date of birth and gender to match up. Isn't it in the ETC over at USAIR you guys go for nonrev?

Josh

UPNAWAY said:
Possibly complicating things I also got NEXUS in April and have not had pre check since?
Nexus shouldn't change anything it's just another way you are eligible for Pre-check. I've had Global Entry since 2010, have had Nexus since circa 2011, and was invited by both AA and DL to enroll in pre-check so I am eligible three different ways. Just enter your trusted traveler number from GOES and make sure the full name matches. Again I don't know about the USAIR ETC and your travel program. But it worked for me with AA and US.

Josh

I never receive it when I check in at home, I just re-print when i arrive at the airport and it shows up there. I'm signed up for global entry.

you should go onto your GOES account and see what they say you have.

sounds like it may be specific to your account... perhaps they changed your number somehow and the number you are using is not the one they have for you.

GE and pre-check are worth it... I hope you get it straightened out.

I know this much... in PHX, if you have a SIDA badge, don't even consider going through TSA pre-check if you are catching a flight, as that's grounds for termination.  Those people are REQUIRED to pass through the full screening whenever catching a flight.  People may want to check as to their local station policy.

Jester said:
I know this much... in PHX, if you have a SIDA badge, don't even consider going through TSA pre-check if you are catching a flight, as that's grounds for termination.  Those people are REQUIRED to pass through the full screening whenever catching a flight.  People may want to check as to their local station policy.
Last two times I flew out of PHX, I was directed to the pre check line. My SIDA was for a different airport, so they knew I must be flying.

I went to a meeting airside a few weeks ago in PHX and a city official (not TSA) made me use the general line because I was not in uniform. He said imployee line was only for uniformed employees? That was brand new to me.

BTW, My wife flew today and she got Pre-Check (Probabaly becasue I was not traveling with her).

Seems like PHX has to make it harder on all employees than any other station. One time I flew out, only one other person and I got pulled aside for a pat down, and we both had employee badges.