Non TSA security screeners

Travelagent

Advanced
Aug 16, 2007
Visit site
Since TSA took over screening, there were 5 test cities in the US that are overseen by TSA but the workers are non TSA screeners. (ROC,JAC,SFO,?,? can't remember the other two) Has anyone notice a difference? I heard rumours a while back that they may outsource more cities but have not heard anything definite.

Since TSA took over screening, there were 5 test cities in the US that are overseen by TSA but the workers are non TSA screeners. (ROC,JAC,SFO,?,? can't remember the other two) Has anyone notice a difference? I heard rumours a while back that they may outsource more cities but have not heard anything definite.
IIRC, MCI has some company doing the screening and they are very thorough... to the point of crazy. I had to go back through after removing my belt and ID badge and I still set off the buzzer. Now I get the magic wand treatment and full blown pat down. I felt like giving them a $20 for being a pretend hooker. Two Hotel Ink pens were the culprit! I asked them, "Don't you think that's set a tad high'? I was told they take their job seriously. :ph34r:

The TSA has the most useless people I have ever had to deal with. They have no clue.

And what is with the glass/plastic penalty box they have you stand in while waiting for a
secondary screening? You look like a fish in an aquarium. You stand there while your
stuff goes on by. Anyone can grab your bag or even laptop and know one would know.
The screeners are to busy watching people go through the metal detector. Then they
run that wand between your legs. Last one got a little to close to the family jewels.
I can't say where I wanted to put his wand. He wouldn’t have liked it.

The screeners are very rude. Very insensitive. And just plain ignorant.

If I insulted anybody too bad. I guess this is the world we live in.

Latest posts