Northwest Airlines plane makes emergency landing

jenny@nw

Veteran
Feb 20, 2006
pacific nw
Northwest Airlines plane makes emergency landing
5/17/2006, 6:13 p.m. ET
The Associated Press

ROMULUS, Mich. (AP) — A Northwest Airlines flight heading to Tokyo made an emergency landing at Detroit Metropolitan Airport after experiencing difficulty retracting one of the aircraft's five landing gears shortly after takeoff Wednesday.

Flight 11, a Boeing 747 with 401 passengers and 19 crew members aboard, landed without incident, Northwest Airlines said in a statement.

The plane burned fuel while airborne in order to meet the maximum landing weight, officials said.

-------------------------------------------------
heard they had to dump fuel over Brighton. tsk tsk.

Jeezus, its about a weekly incident with more of the same scab maintained, Chinese overhauled flying junkers.

Did PlaytheCods leave his torque wrench/pry bar in the wheel well? What happened 'Cods??? Did the DTW SUPERscab screw up again? :ph34r:

Welcome to the new Scab Air....Hope you brought your parachutes folks!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Did PlaytheCods leave his torque wrench/pry bar in the wheel well? What happened 'Cods??? Did the DTW SUPERscab screw up again? :ph34r:
All I have to say Hackman is that it is a machine and machines break no matter how hard you try to stay ahead of the game. IDI didn't have much to say about it but I did see where the problem was corrected on a ci-text card. From what I can gather there was a problem with the tilt actuator on the L/H body gear. I am sure you know that if the gear is not properly tilted it will not retract. The problem has been corrected and the A/C is back in service. Any time there is an issue such as this, this goes for any airline the landing is considered an emergency landing. So Hackman, when you leave the gear pins in and the aircraft takes-off when it turns around to land again it is considered an "Emergency Landing" So quit trying to pump this up into something it isn't.

All I have to say Hackman is that it is a machine and machines break no matter how hard you try to stay ahead of the game.

Problem is SCABAIR has an exceedingly high proportion compared to the rest of the industry. What should we call this unabated trend at the red tail?

..calibrated mishap? :lol:

..anticipated failure? :lol:

..Harmonic malfunction? :lol:

How about this one.... Shitty Maintenance :shock:

...What should we call this unabated trend at the red tail?
How about this one....Shitty Maintenance :shock:
:lol: :lol: Thats good local. groundcontrol you should take lessons from local.

Sorry local but none of the above applies in this case, the damn thing just broke. Sometimes shet really does just happen. Aircraft seldom break while sitting at the gate, unfortunately they break during operation.

Problem is SCABAIR has an exceedingly high proportion compared to the rest of the industry. What should we call this unabated trend at the red tail?

How about this one.... Shitty Maintenance :shock:

Amusing as your evaluation may be, is it true? Just look how many aircraft maintenance issues we read about. The way that this has continued makes me glad I no longer fly NW.

Jet Blue and Southwest are talking to MAC about entering the market here in MSP. If NW sinks we might end up with a better choices soon.

All I have to say Hackman is that it is a machine and machines break no matter how hard you try to stay ahead of the game. IDI didn't have much to say about it but I did see where the problem was corrected on a ci-text card. From what I can gather there was a problem with the tilt actuator on the L/H body gear. I am sure you know that if the gear is not properly tilted it will not retract. The problem has been corrected and the A/C is back in service. Any time there is an issue such as this, this goes for any airline the landing is considered an emergency landing. So Hackman, when you leave the gear pins in and the aircraft takes-off when it turns around to land again it is considered an "Emergency Landing" So quit trying to pump this up into something it isn't.
tilt prox switch inop, gave a faulty indication, no mechanical problems with the gear itself. did the swing myself this morning.

:lol: :lol: Thats good local. groundcontrol you should take lessons from local.

Sorry local but none of the above applies in this case, the damn thing just broke. Sometimes shet really does just happen. Aircraft seldom break while sitting at the gate, unfortunately they break during operation.
sorry but in this case all applies as this is a scene that is a weekly event now for SCAB AIR! Nowonder they are an unsafe airline

Latest posts