Northwest Rolls Back Most Recent Fare Hike

ualdriver

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050815/dam023.html?.v=25

Northwest Airlines Surprises Airline Industry With $20 Rollback of Friday Airfare Hike, Says Bestfares.com
Monday August 15, 11:10 am ET

ARLINGTON, Texas, Aug. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Northwest Airlines rescinded its latest $20 fare hike on Saturday, Aug. 13, says Tom Parsons, CEO of Bestfares.com, an Internet site that monitors airfares.
On Friday morning Aug. 12, Northwest Airlines was the last major legacy carrier to match the $20 fare hike instituted by Delta and United airlines on Aug. 10. As of 10 a.m. EDT Friday, the major airlines had successfully raised domestic leisure airfares 10 times since the weekend of Feb. 24.

@ssholes...

Rescind this you stupid F's...

Those D9's run on degerm now? :blink:
Did I miss the news about crude dropping to $30.00 a barrel?

Screw 'em, let them slit their own wrists, this isn't two years ago where they could afford to be mulish A-holes and torpedo everyone else.

I hope AMFA sticks it in sideways...

They gotta keep the bookings up somehow with a possible strike on their hands. If they end up going out, the other carriers should demand a FIM for their reroutes and not accept their tickets on the 120.20 rate. If they want to build up the coffers for now, let them pay for it in the end.

Butr it makes no sense to rescind the price increase this close to a possible strike. Most airline tickets are bought with credit cards today. If the airline goes on strike and does not provide the promised transportation, the credit card companies usually will not pay the airline, or will demand their money back if the customer files a dispute of the charge for services never rendered.

If I were a money-short company, the last thing I would do right now is p*ss off my primary source of income.