Northwest, Unions Need New Flight Plan

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
Northwest, unions need new flight plan
The Detroit News
Sunday, June 27, 2004

There is, however, no question that AMFA’s ranks at Northwest have been hit hard by the aftershocks of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the SARS outbreaks in Asia, the decline in passenger traffic and the restructuring those events forced Northwest to make. In March of 2001, Northwest had 10,324 AMFA-represented employees. Today, it has 5,458 dues-paying members, according to company records.

A membership decrease like that — 47.1 percent, to be precise — is enough to get almost any labor leader’s attention, especially when Northwest execs are getting multimillion dollar awards of restricted stock even as they ask their unions for concessions.

As Amfa quickly approaches the 50% MARK of lost positions at NWA they are attempting to rally the troops with a picket in conjunction with the flight attendants showing what the TWU has been pointing out for years about the poor language inserted into the last concessionary contract at NWA.

Thanks to AMFA and their poor contract skills a vast portion of their members are standing on the street corner looking in!!!!!

You ALL Have a Great Forth of July Weekend!!!!!! Where under Amfa it means shipping work to foreign companies in mass volumes!!!!!!

delltoon3.jpg

Northwest is using SASCO, a contract maintenance company in Singapore, to do “lightâ€￾ and “heavyâ€￾ maintenance checks on its sizable fleet of widebody DC10’s. Northwest also employs HAECO, a contractor operating in China, to perform maintenance on its fleet of widebody 747’s. The airline began outsourcing to HAECO in 2002, and has steadily increased contract work with them since then. If Northwest had not outsourced maintenance checks on DC10’s and 747’s, hundreds of additional technicians in Minneapolis would still be employed.

Yep, I'd say Delle, Harvey, McCormick and Wildermouth are set for life.........wouldn't you??????

Nice cartoon!!!!!! Now that's talent!!!

Don't both of you know that it's not AMFA's fault. They don't need to take responsibility just yet. They've only been the BA for how long now?

You twu wannabes are nothing more than a bunch of morons!! No matter how many times it's explained to you, you just can't seem to grasp it. I give up on the 5 or 6 of you!! There are many other "clearer" heads out there to reason with!!
Keep those twu blinders on tight so the light doesn't shine in!!!!!

Keep the Faith......AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THAT THE ONLY ARGUMENT YOU CAN COME UP WITH STOP?????? WE MUST BE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!

Bill said:
IS THAT THE ONLY ARGUMENT YOU CAN COME UP WITH STOP?????? WE MUST BE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing you have won is the right to appear as a scared little twu/afl-cio wannabe who's afraid of the Big, Bad AMFA!!!!!!!! And rightfully you should be. They're coming to an airline near you!!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!

You know Cio, Nightwatch, and Bill maybe Busdude has a problem with mathmatics as Delle and company seem to have. They can't seem to grasp the point that "47.1%" of their laid off members is a serious matter...! Maybe they will take notice when the number reaches "50.1%"....!!!! Does this figure ring a bell...? Seems to be the only number that Delle and the McCormick group are concerned with to date...!!! I truly feel sorry for the members they are supposed to represent....!!!!!!

-------------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

Can you tell me the percentage laid off at Alaska Airlines or ATA or ACA/Independence Air, Southwest, Horizon or Mesaba. AMFA represents more than just one airline. The have won the right to represent the mechanics and related at all the airlines they represent. Can you say the same for the TWU?

There is, however, no question that AMFA’s ranks at Northwest have been hit hard by the aftershocks of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the SARS outbreaks in Asia, the decline in passenger traffic and the restructuring those events forced Northwest to make. In March of 2001, Northwest had 10,324 AMFA-represented employees. Today, it has 5,458 dues-paying members, according to company records.

Why don't you draw a cartoon of Delle flying a plane into the World Trade Centers? We all know this was all AMFA's fault.

As I've said before... your solution is to have all 10,000 sit around with little to nothing to do for a year while the company burns through it's cash, then you give up 50 years worth of negotiated union benefits and pay. Meanwhile the company is still overmanned and losing money every day.
That's right CIO I said OVERMANNED. I know at least 30 guys that got paid to watch movies for eight hours today. Yeah, that's a great long term business plan for success.
You're an idiot!

TWU: The union of Pan Am and Eastern. Mis-managed into history.
Is AA next?

RUM@AA said:
Why don't you draw a cartoon of Delle flying a plane into the World Trade Centers? We all know this was all AMFA's fault.

As I've said before... your solution is to have all 10,000 sit around with little to nothing to do for a year while the company burns through it's cash, then you give up 50 years worth of negotiated union benefits and pay. Meanwhile the company is still overmanned and losing money every day.
That's right CIO I said OVERMANNED. I know at least 30 guys that got paid to watch movies for eight hours today. Yeah, that's a great long term business plan for success.
You're an idiot!

Is AA next?
Can you explain to us what you are doing to bring work inhouse? Are you on an RO committee? Involvement is the key! Are you doing your part? Or are you taking the easy road and just complaining with no accountability? That is the Amfa way!!!!!

RUM@AA said:

As I've said before... your solution is to have all 10,000 sit around with little to nothing to do for a year while the company burns through it's cash, then you give up 50 years worth of negotiated union benefits and pay. Meanwhile the company is still over manned and losing money every day.
You're an idiot!

Is AA next?
So by your own statement you suggest that had AMFA been at AA there would be an action to rid the company of overmanning. Is this what they did at NWA?

Any wager as to wear you sit seniority wise? Would you be the first out the door without work? And if the overmanning upsets you so then why not aid the company and resign, tell them you think you're not really needed today, maybe in a month or so.

Well it seems, the turnout was so poor the media and the Amfa propaganda sites have decided it was not worthy to comment. The word has it the Flight Attendants and Amfa national made up the majority of the members who attended.

This rally was a complete flop! What a shame, All the rhetoric the Amfa wannabes have been preaching is a farce. Amfa pretty well guarantees that involvement is non existence.

Latest posts