Not So Fast

Biffeman

Senior
Nov 25, 2002
www.usaviation.com
You need to post all the facts.[BR]We as mechanic and related are losing reciept of the airplanes.[BR]Closing four maintenance stations.[BR]Losing Utility on the reciept and dispatch functions[BR]Eight of the remaining 18 maintenance stations will only have utility on three shifts:BOS, CLT, DCA, LGA, PIT, PHL, LAX, SFO.[BR]The remaining 11 stations will have third shift only[BR]259 Utility to be eliminated.[BR]Lost the paid move and real estate provision[BR]228 mechanics to be eliminated.[BR][BR]So don't tell me we are getting more then any other group.[BR][BR][A href="http://www.iam141m.org/Final%20HC%2012-23-02.pdf"]http://www.iam141m.org/Final%20HC%2012-23-02.pdf[/A][BR][BR]And the ramp is getting the same language as the CWA in regards to Express:[BR][BR][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"]Scope.[BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify"]Article 3 of the Basic Agreement will be amended to provide for the following:[BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol"]·[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"] [/SPAN][/SPAN]The Company may operate up to two (2) daily mainline jet departures in Express stations.[BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol"]·[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"] [/SPAN][/SPAN]In the event that the Company opens a new city, on or after the effective date of this agreement, such city(s) will not be covered under the Basic Agreement, as amended, where there are four (4) daily mainline jet departures, or fewer. In the event that mainline flying exceeds this threshold, such city will be covered under the Basic Agreement, as amended, within 120 days of commencement of such flying.[BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol"]·[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"] [/SPAN][/SPAN]The Company may use contractors to perform fleet service work where company Charters are operated into non-IAM represented cities.[BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol"]·[SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"] [/SPAN][/SPAN]The Company may add mainline flying into Express stations on a seasonal basis not to exceed a single four (4) month period of continuous flying in a calendar year[/P]

The Company is trying to pull a fast one on Customer Service
IAM to keep Pushbacks & Cleaners.
Ramp to get Express language. Company had to become more productive with these latest rounds of concessions to survive. Hard to believe that, by giving the Fleet Service the express language when they had none is being more productive.
To allow the Company to have 2 mainline flights into every express city is to allow the pilots to have jobs, the flight attendants to have jobs, but no customer service jobs for mainline agents.
Customer Service would lose hundreds of Jobs WAKE UP PEOPLE.
Great try Jerry but it is time for you to go back to your Union Busting Job at Ford & Harrison ( Creative Workplace Solutions) you have ruined enough lives around here.
Don't let the door hit you in the #ss on the way out.
Ford & Harrison WE Take Peoples Job that is what we do and we like doing our work

Biff,
I have to tell you, I don't need a high dollar emp. to lead me into my gate. Nor to clean my plane. Nor push the a/c off the gate.
Yes, we need mech. to cover the gates at the large airports to clear the log book.
Contract the rest of it out. We won't miss a hart beat.

And we don't need a high priced baby sitter in the cockpit either. Contract all flights 500 miles or less to Mesa. [BR][BR]If you live in a glass house don't throw stones.

I was checking flights from ABE to TPA for next November. The only mainline flight shown is the morning flight to CLT and the evening return from CLT. PIT service has ERJ's instead of current 737 service.

Orbitz is showing much lower fares for Delta and Northwest than the US fares on either Orbitz or USAirways.com.

Itrade,

I believe Biff was replying to this comment by Atlantic:

I have to tell you, I don't need a high dollar emp. to lead me into my gate. Nor to clean my plane. Nor push the a/c off the gate.

And his reply was not that we don't need a Pilot...but don't need a "high dollar emp" in the cockpit. Everyone can be contracted out.....and while we are at it...so can Dave, so lets stop throwing stones at each other.

Biff,
Next time you are near a bus, look at it and tell it to lower it's flaps. Something tells me you will lose your voice before you see the flaps coming down.

[BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 9:31:12 PM Biffeman wrote: [BR][BR]And we don't need a high priced baby sitter in the cockpit either. Contract all flights 500 miles or less to Mesa. [BR][BR]If you live in a glass house don't throw stones.----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]This argument is beyond laughable. [BR][BR]Biffe, you need pilots in the cockpit during flight operations.[BR][BR]You DO NOT need an A&P mechanic to walk out an aircraft from the gate. You don't need an A&P mechanic or related to pick up trash from seat pockets.[BR][BR]This is archane union work-rules at its worst. [BR][BR]On another subject, nice to see a post from rvolkcpa[STRONG]. [/STRONG]Don't think I've seen a post from you since [A href="http://www.planebusiness.com/"]www.planebusiness.com[/A] das. Or was it Yahoo?

program the computer and the bus will take off, fly to its destination and land, Airbus even had one taxi itself by putting sensors in a test on the runway and taxiway.

Atlantic,

When one looks in the cockpit and sees newspapers and magazines strewn around and pillows up there what is one to think?

Could this be why pilots do not want cameras in the cockpit?

Push throttles? the autothrottle does that for you.[BR][BR]And I like my job, just tired of some of the holier than thou pilots who think they S**T dont stink.

Hmm, A pilot flying touches the controls 50 feet and then talks on the radio, 12 hours across the pond with the A/P doing all the flying, real tough.[BR][BR]And why dont you walk a mile in someone's shoes before you cast stones?[BR]Ever crawl into a fuel tank to clean it? Crawl into the hellhole of a 737-200 to clean up spraying skydrol? Everyone has downtime during the day. Take the time to learn someone elses job before you point the finger.