NWA adds more flights

whaledriver

Advanced
Jan 20, 2003
Northwest Announces New and Expanded Service to Sun Destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean and Hawaii for Winter Season
Tuesday August 8, 1:59 pm ET

EAGAN, Minn., Aug. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Northwest Airlines (OTC: NWACQ - News) today announced the addition of 43,000 seats during the upcoming winter season between its hubs at Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Memphis, Tenn., as well as Anchorage, Alaska, and destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean and Hawaii.
ADVERTISEMENT

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20060421/NWALOGO )

The total seats offered by Northwest in these sun destination markets will exceed 500,000 on more than 3,300 flights this winter season, representing a nine percent year-over-year increase.

"We are delighted to be offering our leisure customers new destinations and expanded frequencies this winter to popular sun destinations," said Jim Cron, vice president -- passenger marketing and sales.

New Service From Detroit

New weekly service from Detroit to St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, will operate on Saturdays from Jan. 6 through April 28, 2007. The airline also announced new Saturday service from Detroit to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mexico, subject to government approval, that will operate from Jan. 20 through March 31, 2007.

New Service From Memphis

Northwest is adding new service between Memphis and Cozumel, Mexico, subject to government approval, to operate on Saturdays from Feb. 17 through April 14, 2007.

New Service From Anchorage

In addition, new this winter is twice weekly service from Anchorage to Kona, Hawaii on Wednesdays and Sundays. The return flights from Kona will operate via Honolulu. The flights will operate from Feb. 18 through April 8, 2007. The Kona service complements service five days per week to Maui, Hawaii from Anchorage.

Additional Service From Minneapolis/St. Paul

Returning to the Northwest schedule is weekly service between Minneapolis/St. Paul and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. The flight operates Saturdays from Jan. 6, through April 4, 2007.

The airline also announced additional weekday frequencies during the winter travel season between Minneapolis/St. Paul and the Mexico destinations of Acapulco, Manzanillo, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo; as well as Montego Bay, Jamaica that complement existing weekend flights. The added flights will be offered Wednesdays from Feb. 21 through April 4, 2007.

The Kona flights will be operated with Northwest's Boeing 757-300, with 24 seats in first class and 200 seats in coach class. Northwest's St. Thomas, Cozumel, Acapulco, Manzanillo, Montego Bay, Punta Cana and Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo services will be operated with Airbus A320 equipment with 16 seats in first class and 132 seats in coach class.

let the E landings and Aborted Takeoffs begin!

Capt to Pax: Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you aboard Scabby Patch Airlines Flt ### with nonstop service to the Hangar from right hear on Runway 5! We do apologize for the inconvience but you must understand folks that we dont have any real mechanics anymore because Scabby Patch Air never wanted to negogiate with them. A bus will be along to take you on to your final destination. Thank you for choosing Scabby Patch Air and We like to serve you on another flt in the near future

FROM AUG. 24 2005

Northwest Flight Diverted Due to Mechanical Problems

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Two Northwest Airlines unions say mechanical problems caused trouble on at least one flight Sunday.

Hal Myers of the Air Line Pilots Association says Flight 95 from Seattle to Maui in Hawaii was diverted to Honolulu after a gage showed a loss of oil.

Myers said the pilots had to throttle the engine back to idle, meaning the two-engine 757 had to make the rest of the trip on power from just one engine.

Myers is a veteran pilot himself and says he's had two engine failures during his career.

He says this type of incident would go relatively unnoticed if Northwest wasn't under scrutiny because of the strike by mechanics.

A Northwest spokeswoman said she didn't have any information available on the engine shutdown.

----------------------------------------------------

There had never been a commercial air disaster in the Pacific. (knock on WOOD).

I wonder if MEM customs can handle an extra flight a week...When I worked there, it was a mess.

I'm curious to see how ANC-KOA pan out. I seem to remember that ANC-HNL & OGG did pretty good last time around (why don't they run these in the winter; I'd think they'd be packed???).

When's the 757 Atlantic flying going to start?

I'm curious to see how ANC-KOA pan out. I seem to remember that ANC-HNL & OGG did pretty good last time around (why don't they run these in the winter; I'd think they'd be packed???).
Probably working with tour companies to fill the seats (besides MLT packages)

Latest posts