O M G !! Republican MARC RUBIO is "PRO - UNION " !!

Maybe because it's only a big deal to you. Who cares?
2017-03-30-11-17-43-1328971479.jpg

Without Trump, Bears is clearly getting bored....

Conservatives don't hate unions. They hate the lack of choice that compulsory membership causes.

Right to Work allows people to consciously decide if a union is worthwhile based on the benefits received. Having the ability to quit the union without having to quit their job or pay an agency fee seems to be the only real way to hold unions accountable to their membership. It's working in the municipal sector thanks to Janus.

I've been very vocal in supporting the right of TWU members to vote and replace them with AMFA, but the current law makes it next to impossible. It's been easier for California to recall Gov. Gruesome than it has for the mechanics to control their own destiny...

Last edited:
Right to Work allows people to consciously decide if a union is worthwhile based on the benefits received. Having the ability to quit the union without having to quit their job or pay an agency fee seems to be the only real way to hold unions accountable to their membership. It's working in the municipal sector thanks to Janus.

Hmmm....isn't that the recipe to put the unions out of business? I"ll let the union negotiate my pay. I'll let the union negotiate my work environment. I'll let the union negotiate time off. And since I'm a good employee who would never screw up, I don't need them to go to bat for me if management wants to fire me. So....why pay union dues? I only belonged to a union (Teamsters) for a year when I worked at a dairy in Ohio. Back in 1980, I was paid $11.50 an hour (which equates to $39.50 today). One of the guys there was saying he wanted to move to Texas (where I moved from). I asked what he planned to do for a job. He said he'd find a dairy and work there. I told him that's great...but the pay for doing what he did here was $5 an hour ($17 today). But as I worked my white collar, non union job in KC, I recognized that were it not for the unions, I wouldn't be earning what I was, nor would I have the work conditions that I had.

Hmmm....isn't that the recipe to put the unions out of business? I"ll let the union negotiate my pay. I'll let the union negotiate my work environment. I'll let the union negotiate time off. And since I'm a good employee who would never screw up, I don't need them to go to bat for me if management wants to fire me. So....why pay union dues? I only belonged to a union (Teamsters) for a year when I worked at a dairy in Ohio. Back in 1980, I was paid $11.50 an hour (which equates to $39.50 today). One of the guys there was saying he wanted to move to Texas (where I moved from). I asked what he planned to do for a job. He said he'd find a dairy and work there. I told him that's great...but the pay for doing what he did here was $5 an hour ($17 today). But as I worked my white collar, non union job in KC, I recognized that were it not for the unions, I wouldn't be earning what I was, nor would I have the work conditions that I had.

KC.

I Can ONLY IMAGINE what that GOOD Ol' BOY said back to you when you made him aware of your experience.

Maybe, something along the lines of, :confused: ' SAY.. WHAAAT ' ?? :confused: o_O

NEVER, EVER be confused, why the SOUTH Lost the WAR, in 65' !!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm....isn't that the recipe to put the unions out of business? I"ll let the union negotiate my pay. I'll let the union negotiate my work environment. I'll let the union negotiate time off. And since I'm a good employee who would never screw up, I don't need them to go to bat for me if management wants to fire me. So....why pay union dues? I only belonged to a union (Teamsters) for a year when I worked at a dairy in Ohio. Back in 1980, I was paid $11.50 an hour (which equates to $39.50 today

Hey, I didn't make the ruling in Janus, the courts did, and they ordered that government/state/municipal employees can't be forced to pay an agency fee. They determined it doesn't cost the union any more to negotiate on behalf of 100% of the employees than it does to negotiate on behalf of 25%.

It's just a matter of time before that aspect of the court's ruling makes its way to the private sector, or you have enough states pass RTW to attempt to make it a constitutional amendment without Congress.

Hey, I didn't make the ruling in Janus, the courts did, and they ordered that government/state/municipal employees can't be forced to pay an agency fee. They determined it doesn't cost the union any more to negotiate on behalf of 100% of the employees than it does to negotiate on behalf of 25%.

It's just a matter of time before that aspect of the court's ruling makes its way to the private sector, or you have enough states pass RTW to attempt to make it a constitutional amendment without Congress.

TELL That BULL-SHITE' to every Longshoreman from SAN to ANC, and Canadian ports in between.

The Pacific Ports different management teams WANT Labor PEACE, Very BADLY !!

We get it -- you worship the longshoremen. Doesn't change the fact that the closed shop for private industry will eventually be ruled unconstitutional.

Prove me wrong.

Courts remove one legal brick at a time. Case law now says forced union membership violated First Amendment protections. Next up will probably be an equal protection claim that goes after the disparity of allowing government employees to resign without agency fee while private sector can't.

No, it won't happen in 2021, or 2022. But I'd expect it within the next ten years.